“If the Cruise Ship recommended it, then.......you know its awesome”
Review of Fort Consolation

Fort Consolation
Ranked #112 of 227 Restaurants in Roatan
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 27
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I was on a cruise ship and asked someone at Guest Services what they recommended off the ship and since she had been here before, she suggested "The Fort", and I am so glad that she did. The place is gorgeous, spacious, clean and the food is delicious. I speak Spanish, but it was good to know that the entire staff spoke English good enough for comprehension, if needed. The food was out of this world. I ordered the seafood soup cooked in a coconut base, tostones, rice and beans and I am sorry to say that I hit the wall and could not finish my plate. It was soooooo delicious, it was a shame to waste it. I was tossed between this and the red snapper. The lady behind me ordered the red snapper and OMG,, the fish was huge and delicious looking. While I'm satisfied with my order, I wished I ordered that, but I doubt I would have been able to finish that one as well. The bathroom is clean, high pressured running water, soap and paper towel. They have Wi-Fi so that you can look after your business while enjoying your food. I sat out on the varanda and enjoyed the breeze off of the water as the restaurant is right on the shore. I look forward to another holiday in South America and if I have the privilege of returning to Roatan, you can be certain to find me in this restaurant tearing up the red snapper. It is obvious that this place is professional and in business for the public, either the tourists or locals, they made me feel like this was my home. I enjoyed myself thoroughly!!!!!!!! GRACIAS..........:-)

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We are just back from a cruise that included Roatan, Honduras. We docked at Coxen Hole and for the third time, had lunch at this wonderful restaurant.
If you cruise into Coxen Hole, go to the end of the shopping pier where they load zip line passengers. Tell the staff you want transportation and they send a mini van to pick you up and drive you back without charge. You can walk there but there are no consistent sidewalks.
The food is excellent. We have had their lobster tails, whole fried fish, assorted seafood among other menu items which we shared. Wonderful tostones and rice and beans as a side dish.
You can eat inside (why?) or stay outside with wonderful sea breezes. Service is very good and they want to please their clients.
I am so glad we found a reasonably priced seafood restaurant and you cannot miss it.
If you are on the port side of the ship, look for the zip-lines and follow them to Breadfruit Grill.
We will be there again as soon as we return to Roatan.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

After our excursion my husband and I were walking around trying to find somewhere to eat .. a very nice local asked us if we needed help my hangry cranky female self responded with "I'm hungry" he then told us he can have a shuttle in 30 seconds to take us across the way to this beautiful little gem and we agreed .. upon arriving we were greeted by a group of locals who were so friendly . We sat down with the most beautiful view.. the island drink the monkey la la is similar to a rum runner and was reasonable prices for being a fish bowl sized glass it was very refreshing .. the food was absolutely amazing and filling we enjoyed the food drinks view everything so much our certain go to place the next time we are in roatan

Reviewed 20 February 2017

This is a great place for lunch. You can actually zip-line across from the other side and be there in 2 min. They serve great ceviche and other fresh dishes. Very friendly service too.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

After leaving the cruise ship pier weekly, my mates told me about this place. As a Caribbean woman let me get straight to the point. Flavors- BOLD. Taste - Consistent. Service - Excellent. View - Breathtaking. It was so good, that the servers knew our order even before we sat down at the table!

Special thanks to Keiry and all the girls who served us. They were professional, polite and knew how to make Caribbean people feel at home. Kiery even gave some new order suggestions for me lol. I even mentioned this place to guests and they couldn't get enough of it.

A historic building and below you could zipline across, see stingrays whilst sipping on a drink or visit the museum, And don't walk or take a taxi. Their shuttle service is so much fun!

Ladies & gentlemen, I encourage to visit this place, whether cruising or just travelling to Roatan. Breadfruit Grill is my home away from home. Prices are surprisingly great!