See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

I doubt the Finca Ixobel is known as a nudist spot but it was very slow and quiet while I was there. That being said, I took advantage of the lack of fellow patrons and enjoyed the treehouse in the nude and also swam in the private lake nude both days I was there. The food is pretty good and I really liked "the honor system" - reminiscent of a time when majority of people had integrity. It was away from the town so you were pretty much stuck here, or just a tuktuk ride away. I would come back here with fellow nudist friends during the slow season again. Loved it!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2017

It was to my attention the confusion about ecological and dirty bathrooms, kitchen full of flies, horses with enough ticks to end up with 2 to 4 each rider in a 1 hour ride, with being ecological and clean. I do not recommend a place with semi-open bathrooms that are not frequently clean and only one sink for both bathrooms. There is a confusion about a safe clean place and letting "nature" do the cleaning.
The place is about 90 mins from Flores, and it is not the right location. I would recommend staying in Flores and visiting Tikal and Yaxha, great places!

Room Tip: Do not stay there
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jorge A
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Finca Ixobel is a great place to relax or go on excursions (both on or off property). We went horseback riding, climbing through caves and hiking. Food in the restaurant was really good and the staff is very friendly. Just a short Tuk Tuk ride to the town of Poptun. Will go back again.

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank nolachuckd
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Eco-friendly farm with everything you need - a restaurant which serves reasonably priced food all day, they call for tuk tuks should you need to go into Poptún, activities such as horse riding, hikes and cave tubing amongst other things.

We stayed in a tree house in the second field down from the restaurant, near the well. Pros: it had a very Swiss chalet feeling to it and we LOVED the mosquito nets around the bed (definitely needed in the area). Downstairs we had our private bathroom which was clean and cleaned daily. Towels provided. Cons: it rained a lot so things began to smell and feel damp. In high season this wouldn't be a problem. Another annoyance was the bar near the Laguna which was open Friday and Saturday night meant loud music and people walking back to their accommodation chatting loudly. They work on an honesty system in the restaurant which means it's quite easy to spend away: be careful!

We enjoyed a morning's horse ride while there. It was 2 hours for 100Q - so cheap! The horses were well behaved and only spooked once. Pleasant ride through streams, tracks and fields.

Bring mozzi repellent as there were plenty in the restaurant/ main area.

Staff friendly and helpful.

It's the place to go if you want tranquility and to be close to nature.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

We camped here for a couple of nights and had a lovely time. The grounds are great and the restaurant serves great, tasty food. It was surprisingly expensive to camp (75 pp) but the facilities were good. It's well located halfway down the east highway from Flores.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple