Review Highlights
Poor 3-city atitlan lake tour

Everything started real nice when they actually picked us at the hour they promised. 5,30am. Nice... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2018
ManDankert
Santo Domingo, Heredia
via mobile
Love and Hate

I have divided my comment in 2: Love and Hate I really love the service provided at the main... read more

Reviewed 11 June 2017
Guillermo M
via mobile

All reviews shuttle service main office hour drive day tour boat ride marta towns guatemala weaving
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

We booked a Lake Atitlan day tour from Antigua. Everything went relatively smoothely and the guide on the lake was fantastic.

The ride back however left us frustrated and fuming. Firstly we were squeezed into a smaller van which left late. We then went and picked up more people from various other points including further around the lake. The driver did not know the way from the last pickup and kept on asking for directions. We ended up on a terrible steep potholed road. The fully laden van was so slow along this road, I think the driver was in 1st/2nd gear the entire time. When he tried to change up gears he never built up enough speed so we lost all momentum and soon we were back struggling along in 1st gear. I'm surprised we didn't go backwards. After about 1.5 hours we made it to the main road. Then we stopped for 15 minutes which ended up being for a transfer of passengers.

With new passengers on board, and it being completely dark, we sped off to Antigua with the driver on his phone. Terrible fast driving with lane weaving until we hit a traffic jam. Twice while waiting in the traffic, the driver pulled out into the oncoming lane to overtake. This ridiculous stunt put all our lives at risk but luckily for us he was able to find gaps in the traffic to pull into safety when needed.

Once through the traffic, the driver decided that the main road was probably going to be too busy so he took a detour and then another detour which took us through the centre of town with even more traffic. After 20 mins of this he went back to the main road and stopped oncoming cars so that we could get across to the other side where everything was running smoothely (!). Around 8pm which was 4 hours of bladder holding insanity we all asked if we could get out as we were almost at the Antigua parque central and we were caught in stand still traffic again. This is when the driver's apparent safety conscience kicked in and he wouldn't let us out. We got out 5 mins later.

A good enough tour ruined by a sour ending... I wouldn't use this company again.

1  Thank andrew s
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We booked a shuttle from Lake Atitlán to Antigua through Magic Travel. The staff in the office were really helpful. Opposite was the driver who did not care to stop at restroom for two minutes, even though the drive ended up being more than 3 hours. We passed several of gas stations with public toilets, but he told everyone in the bus to hold it until arrival. All this because he was late. We were several people who urgently had to go to the bathroom, but he did not care. No breaks on the way.
Several of us got of the bus as soon as possible to reach a bathroom and find our hotels/hostels ourselves.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I have divided my comment in 2: Love and Hate

I really love the service provided at the main office; friendly, reliable and pleasant, a good sales service.

I really Hated the shuttle service due to: Martin the driver it is a total maniac and neglect driver, high speed driving over wet road, while driving he was answering phone calls, speeding over 120km/h

The unit he was driving it is a Toyota HiAce, blue, with Inguat reg No.1432

It is a pity that the quality of service is splitted in half... at the end... the ones driving like a crazy maniac are the ones who doesn't really care about the customer service.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Chose another agency! The first driver was rude and offensive not just to me, but also with a very kind woman from Spain who was picked up before me. He drove much too fast, tailgated other drivers and changed lanes with no signals, endangering the lives of those in the van. After changing drivers in Antigua on our way to Lake Atitlan, the second driver was not much better. They don't want to stop for passengers to use the restroom and the vans are very tight and uncomfortable--probably would not pass a safety inspection in the USA.

MagicTravel14, Gerente at Magic Travel Agency, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Denver:

I need to clarify that the shuttle that moved him from Guatemala City to Panajachel was not operated by us. We were only your shuttle from Panajachel to Guatemala City. Could you comment on your experience on this shuttle?

Thanks.
Best Regads.-

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent service, I booked a tour from Panajachel to Monterrico but the storms caused the routes to close. The team at Magic tours manager to join me at my hotel even tough i had no cellphone, they offred options and rebates and keeped me informed all the time.

The driver picked us up at our hotel, was on time and we arrived on time ar the door of our destination.

Best shuttle service we had on our trip in Guatemala