Mayaland Adventure Travel
Review Highlights
A fun tour of some of the villages around the Lake.

We had a very enjoyable tour around Lake Atitlan with Pablo. He was very informative and happy to... read more

Reviewed 8 February 2018
D B
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Best Investment yet

I booked Mayaland Adventure Travel/Pablo Chumil as a guide for the entire week of our Guatemalan... read more

Reviewed 30 March 2017
karmenA1
MN

All reviews lake atitlan pablo culture guatemala english driver mayan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

You need Pablo. Seriously, listen: you NEED Pablo. You're not fluent in Spanish and you don't understand one of the 20+ Mayan languages spoken in Guatemala. You have no idea where the best views are, no cultural knowledge and don't know where to begin navigating between villages. Pablo is exceptionally knowledgeable in all areas you'd want him to be. He's spent his life exploring the landscape; he seemingly has friends all over the country; his english is great; and his spirit truly adventurous. And that's the thing. Pablo had as much fun as we did. He genuinely loves Guatimala and heightens the adventure by taking you off road to spots you'd never find alone. He could've been to one spot a million times but he'll always see it through your eyes and as if for the first time.

Pablo is how to get the most out of your trip. He's sincere, jovial, funny and, in the end, your friend.

Pablo, thanks for everything! We we're lucky to meet you and I hope to see you again, my man.

3  Thank ashmanscoop
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent helpful guide, very good trip to San Juan and Santiago and very much enjoyed the visit to Chi-tinamit.

1  Thank PPP220
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Pablo & his driver picked us up in Guatemala City & took us to Antigua. We had a walking tour of the city, lunch in a cute little restaurant, did a short truffle-making class & went out to eat dinner that night w/Pablo & his family as they were in Antigua that day. The next day we stopped at Iximche for a short tour before heading to Panajachel. We visited a village on the other side of Lake Atitlan with a fun boat ride to get there. We met friends of Pablo's that have a beautiful and informative weaving place. We also went to the Chichi market on Sunday & had a great time! The cemetery was beautiful too. I just wish we had another day or two to stay longer!
I was still recovering from a knee injury & had to be very careful to not overdo the walking , etc. and Pablo was very sensitive to my injury and even offered my his beautiful walking stick to use if I needed.
We felt part of Pablo's family by the time we left! I definitely advise that anyone contact him to be their guide whether they are doing an adventure tour, or just wanting to see the sights outside of Guatemala City!!

1  Thank love-the-mountains
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We did both tours with Pablo and we really enjoyed them. Pablo was a great guide , with excellent local, historical & cultural knowledge. His English is very good and we had a great laugh with him. He will show you the real Guatemala & things that you would otherwise not see.
I would highly recommend Pablo as a guide.

1  Thank Eileen203
Reviewed 10 December 2013

From the weeks befoer my trip that I started to email Pablo Chumil the level of his professinalism and punctuality was noticable. He planned a hike of the Pacaya Volcano, a kayak tour of lake Atlitan, city tours of San Juan, San Pedro, and Santiago Atitlan, San Andres Xecul, Almolonga, Zunil, and the Fuentes Georginas. As well as transportation from Panajachel to Guatemala City. I arrived in Guatemala City and stayed in Antigua for three days before i met up with Pablo in Panajachel. He called me on my day of arrival to welcome me to Guatemala and to offer his assistance in anyway possible. He was very punctual for each tour. He was extreamly knowledgable in EVERYTHING. He had a lot of connections and knew just where to take us for great photo shoots. The Pacaya volcano hike was hard work but well worth it. The kayak tour offered great views of the lake. The city tours were great for inmersion in Guatemalan culture, we got to talk to many locals and visited a great Gallery by artist Felipe Ujpan Mendoza, he was the happiest most friendly person I met in San Juan. We also visited the famous yellow church in San Andres Xecul and had a great lunch at Xek'ul cafe. The market in Almolonga cant be missed, the flowers and vegetables were larger than anything I had ever seen. The fuentes Georginas (hotsprings) were so relaxing. The drive from Panajachel to Guatemala City was a smooth ride. The driver was very professional and the car was very comfortable. He made both me(blingual) and my husband (english only) have a GREAT time. We will definetly use him when we return and have been recommending him to everyone! Pablo once again THANK YOU for all your hard work!