See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Great location in the main road in town and only a block from the local craft markets.

Secure parking, meals available, pretty garden area and helpful staff. It is an economically priced hotel and great for families.

The mattresses tend to be too form for my preference but not bad.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2016

This is a very basic hotel. Don't expect many ammenities. Don't expect a good service, also. The pool water was filled with mud. Awful. They haven't a honest cancellation policy. I had to paid for three rooms that we didn't use althought I had called a week before and tell them we won't use them. The person that attended us was rude and very impolite. I will not come back. Ever!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank carmengonzalezh
Reviewed 26 February 2015

The Grand Hotel is like an oasis to a desert wanderer. As many Latino towns, Panajachel is noisy and bustling all day and night long, but the Grand rooms are located inside a secluded park-like setting and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is conveniently located near Lake Atitlan and the markets. The rooms are sparsely furnished but adequate and we did have hot water although not much volume. We ate at the restaurant on the premises and enjoyed a delicious dinner and breakfast the following morning. The staff was very helpful and I would stay at this hotel again if I overnight in Panajachel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We've stayed in this place at the lake and enjoyed it a lot. The Hotel has a great backyard and offers a great view of the mountains around.. We had a really nice room with two double beds and shelves and a cupboards.. besides we had a comfy armchair and a TV. A balcony-like room seperated the bedroom from the mainstreet.. I really enjoyed getting out there and have a great overview over the happenings on the street. The bathroom was excellent - big and clean :) And we didn't had any probs with the water, we did get soap and towels!
Everything was furnished and designed with love - at least this is what I think.. there are nice paintings and colourful walls.. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. We enjoyed having a chat with the owner who made our stay in Panajchel unforgettable. We definately would come back ;)

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the 'balcony' when staying at the mainroad ;)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tanyuscha
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three different times and it really is fine. This last time I was in one of the suites (meaning it has 4 beds) and it was fine. There was no hot water for the shower in the morning but my friends in another room (not a suite) had hot hot water (I have had hot water in the past but haven't been in the suites before). Great Wifi. It was nice to sit outside and use the wifi (we even got some in the room at times!). The staff is friendly. Great location--close to the main shopping street and not too far from the boat launch to head across the lake. Breakfast was okay. There is a pool but we didn't swim. The grounds are pretty and peaceful. While this isn't a luxurious hotel, it is decent and I would go back (I do love my luxurious hotels but know that by Guatemala standards, this is perfectly acceptable).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends