“What a Dump!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Americus
Denver
“What a Dump!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Cold room…no hot water…everything needs to be fixed…manager argued with my wife and the receptionist later told my wife “I told him that it doesn’t help to argue with the guests.”…if you stay there you will understand why this motel is no longer a Days Inn franchise.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kurt5280
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Albany, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

I made reservations here to ensure that my boyfriend and I would have somewhere to stay while we worked a shutdown in Oglethorpe. Had I known what was instore for us, we would have driven the 2 hours back and forth to our home everynight. This place is terrible.
As soon as he opened the door, I saw that the carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned....EVER. But, we were tired and ready to settle in for the night, so we went on in. The bathroom was awful. The toilet was a commerical toilet with a residential seat. The tiles in the shower were broken, then glued back down, filled with non-paintable caulk, and painted. You could clearly see black grime growing in all the cracks where the paint had fallen off. There was hair all over the shower walls and the drain..... uggh!.. It was disgusting!! When I flipped the covers back on the bed, there was hair and dirt in the bed. The entire paint job looked as if a 3 year old had been given a bucket and left to play. We pulled the covers off and slept on the flat sheet ( it was the only one that appeared to be half way clean). On top of all this, when I looked at my online banking this morning, they have charged me 130 bucks more than they should have. I am VERY unhappy, and am going to have a nice talk to the manager when I get off this evening. I intend on getting our money back and moving somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank lightbread48
Marietta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

Stayed there two nights to visit Andersonville POW site.When I got to my room the first I needed was coffee.The first coffee maker didn't work,went to the office the managers daughter gave me another one,the 2nd and 3rd didn't work,I was verry upset.I got in my truck and found a place to get some coffee.Got back to my room to relaxe to drink me coffee and watch some TV.I was sitting on the bed and I saw alot of cockroches on my bed,on the night tabel and a few on the floor.Now I was really upset.Then I drove to a store and bought a can of cockroche spray.I took my matchress off of the bed and sprayed the bed and around it.I put the sheets , blanket in a corner and sprayed it.I field out one of those cards that they always leave in motels.I went to the office ,gave it to the girl and ask the girl to call her father to get in touch with me ASAP,he never did.I slept on the bare matchress,no pillows.Now the girl was very,very nice.She was a foriegner,I think from India.I'm sure they are used to living in filth but Americans are not.So my advice don't stay at a motel that is owned by a foriegner.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank tommy2803
St. Louis metro area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2008

We were going cross country seeing different sites and this hotel was one that was close to the Andersonville Civil War prison site.

We stayed here because the name was familiar despite it being a branch. The pool had been shut down by the health department and it was still half full of green algae and other nasty looking stufff.

The carpet was so dirty, anything that touched it turned black. There were bugs in the room that I couldn't identify. It was getting dark and me and my family (two small kids had no other place to go). Once it got around 10pm, the parking lot turned into gang banger central with drinking and shouting going on until about 5 am. At one point, some guy pulls his pants down and urinates in front of the hotel room. The only thing that comforted me was a gun I had brought for protection. I did not sleept at all that night. We fought with the owners over a refund. They gave us some 800 number and we complained with them, and were promised a refund. It never came.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — the criminal element and nasty room
  • Stayed August 2005, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Travelingfamily028
jayjani, Manager at Knights Inn Americus, responded to this review, 7 July 2009
We apologize for taking so long to respond to your comments. We are just learning about Trip Advisor and wanted to address your concerns.

We are very appreciative that you chose our brand to stay with while visiting Americus. We are also very sorry that your experience wasn't satisfactory.

Since purchasing the property, our pool has been a serious challenge and after spending thousands of dollars, we are confident that our pool is in good working order and our guests enjoy it every day. I am also CPO certified and care for the pool myself.

We have an active carpet cleaning process as well as pest control procedures to prevent this type of occurence in the future.

As far as the gang bangers, we have tight controls on what goes on at all times on the property. This isn't to say that we couldn't miss something now and then but I think we do a pretty good job when a guest brings something like this to our attention.

As far your refund, if you would like to give us a call, we would be wiling to discuss this situation further.

Thank you very much and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Jay
South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

My girlfriend planned this trip because of my recent graduation. The pictures on the website are very deceiving. This place is a dump. Upon checking in I notice a sign on the counter that read.
1. No loud music. 2. Don't steal from the rooms. 3. No illegal activity permitted on the premises. etc... My first thought was this, if these common sense rules has to be stated then this place is not for me. Upon entering the room I notice a group of guy's outside my room drinking and playing their music very loud...no shirts on and using profanity. If I wasn't going to my room and if I were to see them on the streets I would turn the other way. Upon entering the room it reaked with a strong moldy smell. Immediately I felt I needed to shower. Entering the bathroom was an experienced within itself. The bathroom was very cramped and unclean. The shower curtain needed to be changed because it was filthy and towels were very limited. My girlfriend checked the sheets to ensure they were clean because of the filth of everything else. All night long people outside of the door were hooping, hollering and cussing each other. Sounded like domestic violence was being committed right outside of our door. After bearing it through the night I was awaken by at least 5 cop cars in the parking lot holding drug dealer types at bay. Needless to say we ran out of there not looking back at all.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FirstShirt