All reviews perfect location walk in closet full kitchen clean pool rooftop patio walked everywhere beach front great pool placencia sidewalk sized bed nice breeze paddle boards restaurants and bars first floor spent a week every morning elsa
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I have a solid 18 trips to the Peninsula under my belt. I have stayed in quite a few places. Most have been very nice and certainly what you expect (based on service and price).

I recently stayed at Miramar, where I’ve stayed before. Even when I am not a guest Ilsa is always waving be down saying hello when I pass on the sidewalk.

Anyway on my recent stay my treatment over the top.

I was welcomed warmly, treated well, I received a VERY comfortable room at a fair price. The location of the property is great – close enough to village action but far enough to be quiet.

I had THE most comfortable rooms I’ve stayed in (sea front studio). Not the most opulent, not the cheapest, but a room I felt very at home in. It gave me that feeling you don’t often get when you travel. That feeling that nothing is missing.

I have enjoyed my stay elsewhere and I am not easily impressed. I have never written a review either positive or negative but I felt compelled to write a review this stay.

Thank you Ilsa and team!

Room Tip: Stay sea front. Great rooms
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Miramar Apartments. It was absolutely beautiful. Wish we could have stayed longer but will definitely be back. Ilsa went above and beyond taking care of us. I miss her beautiful smile already. The best place to stay in Placencia Belize.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Pinkhouse, Manager at Miramar Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Hi Anna,
Thank you!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Overlooking the Caribbean, our spacious room had a balcony, complete kitchen fully-equipped for long-term stay. The building is new, others in the complex recently remodeled. All were clean, eye-appealing and comfortable, as were the well-groomed grounds. Fresh water pool, beach access to the ocean, complimentary kayaks, paddle boards and bikes. This place is quiet, close to restaurants and bars. Rosa and Nina went out of their way to ensure our every need was handled. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Pinkhouse, Manager at Miramar Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you and it was truly a pleasure having you with us and extend best wishes for 2018.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We just returned from a two week stay at the Miramar in Placencia. There were five adults and the first week we stayed in the three bedroom top floor suite that was like a small house. It was great!! Our view was of the pool and had a huge deck . Recommend it for groups or families as it has everything you need for your stay. They even brought over umbrellas for us when it rained. The second week we arranged to stay in separate one bedroom suites ocean front. They also are equipped with all you may need. The view is amazing . This building has a roof top terrace that all guests can use . In the evenings it was a great place to meet for a glass of wine, and watch the sunset. The staff of the Miramar are outstanding! Ilsa, the manager,is lovely. Efficient, charming, and anticipates your needs. Bula, the lady that kept our suites fresh and clean also went above and beyond to make our stay carefree. There was also a team of young men that kept the pool, beach, and grounds so clean and beautiful. All the staff was so friendly and kind. The property is situated so close to all the restaurants, markets, and bars. Perfect location.Our favorites were Dawn’s Restaurant, The Secret Garden Restaurant, Wendy’s. You should go to the Barefoot Bar for drinks and do not miss the gelato shop! The swimming out front of the Miramar is great. Used the hotels paddle boards everyday.Clear water and sandy bottom. Some hotel locations do not enjoy this luxury,as they have a lot of sea grass. There are mosquitoes and sand fleas,so take lots of spray with deet. Amazing vacation, and hope to go back. Used Belize Shuttle to drive us from airport to Placencia.(about 3 1/2 hour trip) Our driver was charming and so informative . He stopped so we could purchase fresh fruit, vegetables and bread on the trip to Placencia.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary L
Pinkhouse, Manager at Miramar Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hi Gary,

Thank you. We appreciated your family choosing Miramar to spend your vacation. It was certainly our pleasure to have you with us and I truly enjoyed the converstions and seeing you all enjoying our facilities!

Merry Christmas!

Until, next year peace and happiness.

Ilsa

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I stayed in a beach front room with a fantastic view of the ocean from the porch and room's windows. The tile pool is beautiful and very inviting. The location is great. It is walking distance of a deli that serves breakfast and lunch, a supermarket, and several bars and restaurants. The rooftop sitting area is a great place to watch the sunrise and sunsets. The staff members were very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business