“A Nice Beach Vacation”
other traveller has booked this property
View of our house from the water
A beautiful day in the neighborhood Vaulted ceilings, air conditioning, ceiling fans, cable TV & full kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View of our house from the water
A beautiful day in the neighborhood
Vaulted ceilings, air conditioning, ceiling fans, cable TV & full kitchen
Kitchen
Upstairs
Breakfast is ready!
Second Bedroom Downstairs
Another view of the second bedroom
Downstairs bathroom
Soft sandy beach and warm caribbean waters
Life is good!!
View from the beach
A day in the life!
Hawksbill turtles hatched in front of the house September 2013
Ecomar Counting and logging the hatched eggs
The two red roofs are Caribbean Delites
I can fly!!!
Sunrise over the Caribbean
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Steve232
Lexington, Kentucky
“A Nice Beach Vacation”
Reviewed 8 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

The Placencia peninsula is an old-caribbean strip of land with many small hotels and rental properties on it. The northern end is getting developed with high-end hotels and homes but this rental house is far from all that. It is on the beach on the same property as the Green Parrot “resort.” The house is two stories, both with A/C (really needed in the summer-it is hot and very humid) and cable TV. Kitchen, nice screened porch and full bath upstairs and half bath down stairs. There are several powerful ceiling fans if you want to be without A/C. There is decent, free wi-fi. Leo, the on-site manager is terrific and very helpful. We had no car and he was always willing to take us places although there was a charge for this “taxi” service. There is a nice open restaurant on the Green Parrot property and all the staff were really wonderful. The beach is fine but is discontinuous with adjoining properties so you can’t walk long distances like on US east coast beaches. The sand is also soft, making walking difficult anyway. There are several palapas on the beach as well as a large one on the pier along with lounge chairs and hammocks so you can always find shade. In the summer, seaweed is a constant presence in the surf and for the week we were there in late July and early August, we could only swim on two days because of it.

What I would do differently if I go back:
If your goal is to vegetate on the beach, eat three meals/day and drink the local beer (Belikin-not bad at all), then all you need is here. There are a few restaurants, bars, a small, basic grocery within walking distance. Also, a surprise 4-lane bowling facility/pizzeria right on the beach that we enjoyed one evening. There is little more to do, however. We had decided not to rent a car as we were uncertain about driving in Belize. We shouldn’t have worried. Next time, I would rent a car in Belize City, drive to Placencia and have the freedom of a car for the stay. We could have been a lot more active. One thing about driving in Belize, although the roads are OK, the country is enamored of speed bumps. They are all over including major roads so driving anywhere fast isn’t an option. So take your time and enjoy the sites.

Liked best: Location and staff
Liked least: Persistent seaweed (apparently a summer phenomenon)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Aug 2015
Thank you for your comments, and I am glad that you had a good time at Caribbean Delites. Your description is much appreciated. The sea grass that washed ashore this summer is an anomaly. We have not seen this in the 12 years we have had the beach house. Perhaps some unknown condition in the Caribbean Sea.
Thanks again Ken
North Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: ease of booking and wonderful place to stay
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
9 Jun 2015
Thanks so much for your kind words, and I'm glad you had a nice time.
cherokeer...
Grant Valkaria, Fl
“Definately NOT what we were expecting”
Reviewed 8 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Our party consisted of my husband, sister and myself. We had both the top and bottom floors. We were told that both "floors: were the same - WRONG. Upstairs there was a kitchenette and bath with shower; downstairs there was only a bed and a half shower. Upstairs there was a teevee; downstairs only a cable stuck through the wall. We were told the wifi would be hooked up - WRONG There was wifi available at the Green Parrot that was at best terrible - slow and only could be connected (if you were lucky) at the restaurant. The location was good, but you're better off renting a car to be able to get around and visit the different restaurants and "shopping" that is too far to walk. When we go back to Maya Beach we will definitely NOT stay at this location.

Liked best: location
Liked least: accomadations
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
23 May 2015
I am sorry that you had a bad experience, however I did not misrepresent the house. My very first response to your inquiry dated 11/16/2014 stated exactly what to expect. See excerpt from my e-mail to you below in quotations marks.
WIFI was never included, also see quote from the e-mail below. WIFI is now installed in the house free of charge.
I do not advertise that there is TV included. See web site. It is an added bonus for our guests.

Excerpt from email to this guest dated November 16, 2014

“The house is set up as 2 studios one upper and one lower each with a separate entrance. The upper has the full kitchen and the lower has a half bathroom and no kitchen. The upper is used for double occupancy, the lower is used for extra guests.”
“Wifi is now available for $10.US per week.”

We work very hard to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. I wish you had contacted me during your stay so we could have had the opportunity to resolve your concerns.
Justin_Ja...
“Heaven”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in September 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here after a long summer season in AK. We were here during the slow season so just about everything was closed. This didn't stop Leo and the staff of The Green Parrott from making sure everything we needed and wanted to do was taking care of. The house itself was beautiful and we'll kept. Will definitely be coming back. Thank you Ken for letting us enjoy your little slice of heaven and Thank you to the staff of The Green Parrott for making our trip a delight.

Justin & Amanda

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
14 Feb 2015
I am so glad you had a wonderful time, and I agree we do sit in a slice of heaven. The staff at The Green Parrot treat our guests as if they were part of the family, and we are thankful for that.
cosmo46
San Diego, California
“11 Crazy Nights”
Reviewed 15 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

I was looking for a romantic place to take my wife for a 2nd honeymoon after 27 years of marriage. Somehow this notion morphed into my kids, one of their friends and my wife's bff. The more the merrier. We had no idea where we wanted to go other than it had to be in the Caribbean.

My wife was browsing through different destinations on Tripadvisor and came across this property in Placencia, Belize. We loved the description, pictures and the reviews. I called Ken, the owner who happens to live in the San Diego area, just like us.

Ken was friendly and helpful. It didn't take long to come to an agreement. We set the dates and made arrangements. Ken was helpful in the months leading up to our arrival on new years eve day. He answered all of our questions that made prep and travel a breeze.

The place(actually places) were exactly as portrayed. We rented both of the houses. My wife and I stayed in one and our kids and friends stayed in the other.

The houses made a perfect base for our 12 day/11 night stay. We had everything we needed: towels, sundries, kitchen supplies, books to read, a grocery store down the way, the Green Parrot bar and restaurant right outside our door and the Maya Beach resort bar on the other side of us. The beach, hammocks, the dock....all a breath away. A grocery store a hundred yards down the way(we feel in love with cookies called "Digestives").

The weather was not great. But it was always comfortable. I've been to the Caribbean a number of times and there has always been an intense tropical sun. Not this week. We thought this was the dry season, but it rained...a lot and hard. But there was plenty of sunshine as well. Just the right amount to not get burned.

Our stay was a perfect headquarters for drives into Placencia(about 9 miles) and to the many restaurants up and down the peninsula.

We loved our accommodations and the friendliness of all of the people we met...locals and tourists alike.

We met a wonderful local guide named Philip "Talka" Fergeson. Find him and hire him.

Some great restaurants....go to Mojo's in the village and Tiger near Seine Bight. You almost can't miss. We loved: Wendy's, Omars, Ricks Cafe, De Tached, Above Grounds, Tutti Fruiti, J-Dees, Franks Music school, snorkeing on Ranguana, touring the Monkey River and jungle hike, Hidden Falls.

A great vacation and the perfect place to stay.

15 Jan 2015
Thanks Steve. After our conversations I knew our place would be perfect for you. I am so glad it was a great vacation for you.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing