Just got back from a stay at Robert's Grove Beach Resort (June 13 - 20, 2012) and just wanted to share our experience. The hotels is very pretty all around. We had a 1 bedroom villa that was directly oceanfront. From our balcony we looked right at the surf, it was really lovely. The villa was well appointed with comfortable seating in the living area and on the balcony. Minor disappointment in the fact that we were told our room had a small kitchenette as we planned to maybe cook in a couple nights, and when we checked in they told us our unit did not provide that amenity. IF I had done some grocery shopping prior to arriving, I may have been upset, but since I didn't I decided not to make a fuss. The reason they gave me was that they didn't have any other units to offer me but it didn't seem that the resort was very full. Point is, hotels should never advertise something and not deliver. Again, in the end it did not negatively impact our stay as we found all the dining options in Placencia to be so great, we were glad we didn't cook in. I think the best feature of Robert's Grove is it's wonderfully warm and accommodating staff. We loved Elda, Ana, and Pedro in the restaurant and Juan at the bar. All great people throughout though. They really made us feel welcome everyday. Food at the hotel was excellent, the breakfast they provide with the room stay, the continental breakfast, is huge with a delicious array of baked goods, fruit and yogurt. We caught fish during the week and the chef happily prepared it for us too. We went to Cockscomb basin on our own during our stay and really loved hiking and bird watching there. It's only about 30 minutes from Placencia. We did the Monkey River Tour too, but found that disappointing, no manatees and a lack luster guide. We did 4 days of diving with Avadon divers, and they were awesome in every way. I can't recommend them enough. Placencia itself is a cool little town. A nice laid back vibe, with really great restaurants and some fun bars with live music at night. We recommend Cozy Corner, Barefoot Beach Bar, and Rumfish y Vino. Oh and the Gelato place beside Rumfish is out of this world too. So don't hesitate to visit Placencia, and stay at Robert's Grove, great experience and we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet conforts, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia