All reviews every other day playa cabana his assistant room was cleaned daily short walk along the beach fresh coconut water restaurants and shops ocean waves perfect location small kitchen close to town beautiful beach definitely stay here again minute walk answer any questions beach vacation a wonderful stay
Reviewed 8 February 2018

The Village Inn is a delightful place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a casual abode. The cabanas have a nice homey, laidback feel and are perched on the beach just steps from the water. Each cabana comes with a kitchen, bath and a porch for relaxing in the hammock or sipping the beverage of the hour while watching beach goers drift by. The cabanas are located less than a 10 minute walk from the famous “sidewalk” that winds through the center of Placencia and its many restaurants, gift shops and tour offices (definitely stop at the Barefoot Beach Bar). But the best part of the Village Inn, is its native Belizean owner, Jacob. He is surely one of the nicest and most helpful people you will ever meet and will do everything he can to insure you have a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2018

If you enjoy private, quiet, island living then this is the best! The Village Inn consists of four cabanas right on the Caribbean. I believe best location on bay as the water is calmer. The cabanas are large open space with full kitchen and shower bath. Easy walk to bustling Village with excellent restaurants to choose from. The area is great for fishing, diving, snokeling, amazing reefs and outer islands. I visited the Mayan ruins. Tons of tours to go on or just relax on the beach with a cool drink! I will definitely go again!

Room tip: Any cabana is delightful! The two closest to the water do have larger varandas
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Lori B
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Nowhere else on the peninsula can you stay ON the beach. The roaring of the ocean waves, the splashes of water coming and going with the ebbing of the tide, the ocean air slipping through the shutters; it is both serene and authentic.

I stayed here with 11 other family members for our wedding this past July. We had family members staying all over the peninsula (33 to be exact), but each day we found ourselves on this beach. It simply cannot be beat.

The year prior, we braved a hurricane in these same cabanas, and this past July, my husband and I spent the night in a hammock amidst an enormous thunderstorm cracking on the top of the water. It doesn't get more close to Placencia's natural beauty.

Both Jacob and Ty are like family. They go above and beyond their role as Inn Keepers and were a true joy.

Room tip: Make meals outside, always. You don't want to miss the manatee.
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 02brooke21
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I am already dreaming of returning to the village inn, my cozy cabin, private beach , beautiful water and kind people. I stayed for seven nights over the Xmas holiday and felt truly rested and restored by my stay. As other visitors have said, to live by the sea is truly amazing, falling asleep to the sound of the surf and waking up to the sun and having breakfast on my porch. Jacob and Ty do such a great job of both providing whatever you need and also allowing you to feel comfortable, private and do your own thing. I liked walking into town in the tiny sidewalk broad walk, met friendly expats and locals and overall had an amazing restful peaceful vacation which was e aptly what I was looking for and needed. thank you.

Room tip: Bring bug spray for those sand flies can be quite busy. Bring cash. ATMs around town can run out of money.
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I brought my mom and her best friend along with myself and my 3 year old son to Belize for their first time out of the U.S.
We stayed at The Village Inn in Placencia for the second half of our trip.
The beachside cabanas are Perfect! The sound of the ocean waves at night is so soothing. Sunrise and sunset over the water is breathtaking!
Jacob and Ty are amazingly professional, helpful and accommodating as well as friendly and personable. They made sure our stay was comfortable, clean and fun. They pointed out places to eat, tours and other fun things to do while we were there. They answered questions, went above and beyond to make sure our departure plans were solidified and correct before we were scheduled to leave the country. They made us feel like family,not just guests staying for the week.
The cabanas are in the perfect location, right on the beach, away from noisy bars, but just a few minutes walk to the Placencia sidewalk where all the restaurants, shops and beachside fun happens.
We will definitely come back to The Village Inn next time we visit Placencia Belize and I highly recommend it to anybody thinking about staying in Placencia. In fact, if you’re planning a beach vacation in Belize, The Village Inn is the best place to book.

Date of stay: August 2017