All reviews every other day playa cabana his assistant room was cleaned daily short walk along the beach fresh coconut water restaurants and shops ocean waves perfect location small kitchen close to town beautiful beach definitely stay here again minute walk answer any questions beach vacation a wonderful stay
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Nowhere else on the peninsula can you stay ON the beach. The roaring of the ocean waves, the splashes of water coming and going with the ebbing of the tide, the ocean air slipping through the shutters; it is both serene and authentic.

I stayed here with 11 other family members for our wedding this past July. We had family members staying all over the peninsula (33 to be exact), but each day we found ourselves on this beach. It simply cannot be beat.

The year prior, we braved a hurricane in these same cabanas, and this past July, my husband and I spent the night in a hammock amidst an enormous thunderstorm cracking on the top of the water. It doesn't get more close to Placencia's natural beauty.

Both Jacob and Ty are like family. They go above and beyond their role as Inn Keepers and were a true joy.

Room tip: Make meals outside, always. You don't want to miss the manatee.
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 02brooke21
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I am already dreaming of returning to the village inn, my cozy cabin, private beach , beautiful water and kind people. I stayed for seven nights over the Xmas holiday and felt truly rested and restored by my stay. As other visitors have said, to live by the sea is truly amazing, falling asleep to the sound of the surf and waking up to the sun and having breakfast on my porch. Jacob and Ty do such a great job of both providing whatever you need and also allowing you to feel comfortable, private and do your own thing. I liked walking into town in the tiny sidewalk broad walk, met friendly expats and locals and overall had an amazing restful peaceful vacation which was e aptly what I was looking for and needed. thank you.

Room tip: Bring bug spray for those sand flies can be quite busy. Bring cash. ATMs around town can run out of money.
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I brought my mom and her best friend along with myself and my 3 year old son to Belize for their first time out of the U.S.
We stayed at The Village Inn in Placencia for the second half of our trip.
The beachside cabanas are Perfect! The sound of the ocean waves at night is so soothing. Sunrise and sunset over the water is breathtaking!
Jacob and Ty are amazingly professional, helpful and accommodating as well as friendly and personable. They made sure our stay was comfortable, clean and fun. They pointed out places to eat, tours and other fun things to do while we were there. They answered questions, went above and beyond to make sure our departure plans were solidified and correct before we were scheduled to leave the country. They made us feel like family,not just guests staying for the week.
The cabanas are in the perfect location, right on the beach, away from noisy bars, but just a few minutes walk to the Placencia sidewalk where all the restaurants, shops and beachside fun happens.
We will definitely come back to The Village Inn next time we visit Placencia Belize and I highly recommend it to anybody thinking about staying in Placencia. In fact, if you’re planning a beach vacation in Belize, The Village Inn is the best place to book.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank eyesicle
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

I can't even begin to describe our experience with the Village Inn in Placencia. Picture-perfect! We could not have asked for more!

From the minute we arrived until we got on the Tropic Air plane, Jacob and Ty took exceptional care of us and our friends. From offering any runs to the store, to giving us fresh caught fish from the days before we arrived...the hospitality was overwhelming.

Jacob was constantly offering tips and advice on what we may like to see or do in town. Even though we tend to wander off the beaten path, we were still given outstanding advice on local places to eat, locals to meet, and where to get the best gibnut or pig tail(don't skip on either of these)! Everything Jacob suggested was above and beyond our expectations. Best advice or direction we got all trip was from Jacob...he knows his stuff.

Ty was a plethora of information. Holy cow, this dude knows a lot! From hours of how-to coconut tutorials, late night fishing tips, and how to make the most out of anything and everything that washes up on shore...Ty explained everything. Hanging out after hours and showing us the best way to grill our fresh caught fish completed the whole experience and taught us that the best assets in Placencia, or Belize in general, are the local people. Ty was like an old friend

Do yourself a favor...stay here. It was the perfect way to wind down after our excursions in the jungle (first half of our trip). This experience taught me to never stay in a resort again when secluded Paradise is a few extra steps away.

Close bike ride to Placencia village shops, yet far enough away to feel like our own secluded beach. Our jaws dropped when we arrived and we pretty much were trying to pick them up all trip long.

What else can I say...? We wish all of our destinations had this type of perfect combination of hospitality and location. Anyone can take a page from Jacob and Ty's playbook if wanting to learn how to treat guests and provide a 100% perfect experience.

The hardest part about writing this review is selecting the pictures...we only took like a thousand from our cabana(playa). All photos taken on Village Inn property. Views from front door, porch, kitchen window, and sunrise breakfast pretty much every day. I couldn't sleep past 5am out of fear of missing that calming seclusion every day.

Miss this place and the playa bungalow. Stay 'cool like the water', by the water, and book a stay here...best travel decision we've ever made.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2017

We stayed in Playa Cabana at the Village Inn for 2 weeks and absolutely loved it. The Cabana was clean, all essentials were provided and the beds were super comfortable. Being so close to the water was amazing, and having our breakfast on the deck and watching the sun rise was magical. The location of the Village Inn is the best of both worlds...far enough from town to be quiet and tranquil, but only a 5 minute bike ride (bikes were provided) or 15 minute walk to the center of town. Jacob and Ty (the owner and his assistant) went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. To start with, whenever we had a question or needed something, either Jacob or Ty or both were close by to help us. Jacob provided a wealth of helpful tips and information about places to visit, good restaurants, best places to shop in town, tour companies, rental agencies, etc. Ty did an amazing job keeping our cabana in tip top shape. They were both super friendly and we had lots of great chats with both of them. We highly recommend Village Inn and look forward to staying there again (wish we were still there!).

Room tip: The two cabins closest to the beach have screens and fans but no AC. The two cabins further away from the beach have AC.
Date of stay: November 2017