“Good location”
Review of One World Rentals

One World Rentals
Ranked #6 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at One world over the easter period. We were reasonably impressed with the set up we stayed next to the shop in th iguana apartment which came furnished with a kitchen which was very helpful., good AC and fans which were needed and no mozzies got in thanks to good screens on windows. My parents stayed in the Turtle apartment which was gorgeous and would definately reccomend that. Throughout our time in Belize, I have come to the conclusion that the whole country is inundated with cockroaches, everywhere we stayed we found them and one world was no exception even though it looked clean. I think its down to the kitchens in the rooms although my parents didn't spot any my friend who was staying in one of the other appartments (downstairs also did find several too) This wasn't a problem as we took mosquito nets so were protected from them althought the first night I was fooled into thinking perhaps there weren't any and awoke to a cockroach laying on my belly and vibrating its wing case nice...!! I wouldn't let this put you off as they seem to be everywhere even on the remote posh cayes you just need to take precautions. I wasn't overly fascinated with Placencia which felt dodgy at times and was hectic but we were there at easter which is busy and perhaps this negatively affected our review. Its a good place to use as a base to explore the cayes.

Room Tip: Pay more and go for the turtle apartment, beautiful although not great as a family with young kids a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Aquarius1977
Claudia H, Owner at One World Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

As a hotel owner I am of course always interested in the feedback of my guests. So far I have been fortunate and it seems that most of my guests, including this family, enjoyed their stay at "One World". However, I would like to respond to the "cockroach incident" in this report. I am very committed to keeping my units and my whole property as clean as possible. But given our tropical location here in Belize it is almost impossible to be free of all bugs. Had I been informed about this particular problem I would have responded immediately. If you are considering a stay at "One World" and have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Claudia

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for One World Rentals

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here a week in Feb. Owner is a lovely Swiss woman, friendly and helpful in making arrangements for tours and flights on Maya Air. Her employees are nice also. I rented a studio. It's simple, clean, has everything you need and nothing you don't. Kitchenette is well outfitted. Bed is fine (not like home but not bad). Shower water alternates temp wise a bit but that's to be expected in the caribean. Cute courtyard with chairs and hammocks. Loved the location. It's conveniently near the one road in town which means you don't have to drag your luggage through the sand. Yet very close to the beach, couple minutes walk. Perfect in my book. Nothing fancy, good for low-key casual people.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank flonj
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed here only one night, spending the first night in a "guest house". Wish we'd put out the wee bit extra the first night. This was very charming and cozy and complete with a fridge, table, chairs, dishes, the courtyard and chairs, wee stove-top and television.

It was super clean and well taken care of by Claudia and her small staff. The only minus on our one night was that the water was rather chilly for our showers, but that may just be a wee glitch that is not common (as in looking through the reviews I have not seen a similar issue).

It is definitely a place we are keeping in mind for any future ventures to Placencia.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaryGoes
Reviewed 19 December 2011

One World perfectly fits into the charming atmosphere of Placencia. A few small, colourful buildings group together around a courtyard with a big tree where the residents chat together through the day and eve. Our family with 3 young boys settled in immediately and found ourselves luxuriating in the super-soft beds and air-conditioned bedrooms lined in wood. The locals are very friendly and this is obviously a spot to arrive and chill out for awhile.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank HuddTravellingZoo
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stayed in the studio, which had everything you need for a visit to Placencia. It is centrally located, with everything within walking distance. The room is clean and air-conditioning is a must. The website accurately shows the rooms. Definitely value for what you get.

Room Tip: Chose a room where there is less foot traffic, as you can hear everything outside of you room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends