All reviews chinese restaurant great location excellent rooftop clean rooms border bay mexico town dock
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Nothing fancy here. Clean rooms. Secure paring. Surprisingly good Chinese restaurant. We got across border after leaving Cancun at noon but it was getting dark. Auto insurance agent recommended this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CharlieGOO
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I paid $35/night for a room without A/C. Rooms with A/C cost $50, and that is overpriced, but you need the A/C in Corozal. Room rather cramped. Not good water pressure in shower. Sink water pressure was laughably bad. Excellent rooftop terrace affording spectacular views of the town. Close to decent restaurants such as Al's Cafe. Adjoining Chinese restaurant is no good. Nice, friendly staff, including two Belizean twin sisters who are beautiful. Not far from the bus station. Close to a Scotia Bank. Close to stores that sell drinks. A taxi to Cerros costs $40 for the trip out, back, and waiting time. The masks at Cerros are fiberglass replicas. Close to the dock for the Thunderbolt water taxi. A nice place that is Western-owned that is a ways from the center of town is the Copper Horse Inn...Canadian lady owns it and was very nice to me when I had a question. She was also grilling some delicious chicken. You'd probably be more comfortable there...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2017

While this was one of the cheapest places in Corozal to stay, it did leave a lot to be desired. It was clean but needs a lot of maintenance and TLC. Be careful that you don't leave your items under the A/C as it leaks and leaves things very wet. When we arrived I told reception there was no hot water, everyday they promised I would have hot water today. Six days in, I left without getting my hot water. Other guests have said they have never had hot water there when they stay. The roof top patio is an asset to this place, with its beautiful view and breeze. It's a great quiet location, walking distance to everything. I don't think I would stay there again. I think for a couple dollars more there are much nicer places around.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We were offered a great ocean view room. The room is bright and comfortable but not fancy by any means. It has a great roof top balcony which is huge with splendor view of the bay. Amazing emerald green water. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Chinese restaurant down stairs is super cheap and pretty good. It is in the center of town within walking distance to most of the restaurants we wanted to go. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the room that faces the bay.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Fair prices, an incredible view of perfect water...Everything I need (Not the newest, but clean and perfectly fine.) The staff is always helpful, the location beats ALL OTHERS (! no exaggeration there!)
The little town is sweet, and very off the beaten track. Take side trips to lamanai, Sarteneja, Chetumal...So much to do and such a great old hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
CorozalTownMirador, Manager at Mirador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Hi, Thank you very much for staying at our hotel, most of all when a guests returns again we are more than happy . Glad you like our location, and our community.