The Sea Breeze Hotel
Hotel Maya(Corozal Town)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe ownerbudget hotellonely planethot waterair conditioningstayed for one nightbalconybelizetownbaydockmarionmattressescook
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I very rarely give anywhere under an average review score as I think I am quite forgiving but when I woke up in the morning and was covered in bites and an insect of some sort fell out of my bed I was not happy. The room itself was very dark, sweaty and smelt of disinfectant with cobwebs and a door that had to be forced when closing, a single power outlet and very dusty wall fan. Bed was potholed with threadbare lining. The bathroom had no shower head and the toilet cistern broke on the first flush which i fixed myself, power socket had ants in it and no hot water sink tap that didn't matter much because there was not any hot water. The wifi was passable and there is secure parking if needed. Its in quite a nice spot but everything was closed because of the holidays. I am glad I was just stopping for one night before crossing the border.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank KurtisBeacroft
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Our room had everything we needed for our visit to Corozal... Bed was comfortable and air conditioning is available. Breakfast was a delicious pancake breakfast with ham and scrambled eggs... Great hotel to stay at if you're on a tight budget and you will have everything you will need...

Room Tip: We had room number 7
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This is a great hotel if you want to spend a few quiet days by the sea -- they have a balcony with a great view. It can also be recommended as "base camp" for trips to the surrounding area. In any case, I recommend a short walk thorugh Corozal (and a visit to the House of Culture), as it is a charming small town.

Note that a lot of the reviews here on TripAdvisor are outdated. The grumpy owner died over a year ago (he will live on in his comments on this website), and the current manager, Marion, is friendly and very helpful. The hotel does not have a bar anymore, but there is one just two minutes away, so nobody should be bothered by this.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank csohn
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed for one night at Sea Breeze earlier this month during a short stop over in Corozal to visit a Belizean friend. The hotel Is a nice choice for a short stay. My room was clean and the AC worked well. The owner and her family are welcoming a helpful.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank pjkarp
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I am an Anti-Aging medical doctor, I have been spending a great deal of time in Corozal studying the Anti-Aging effects that the low stress, pure organic foods and fresh Sea air has on retired Americans that have been there 6 months or more, the positive effects of this environment are amazing.This is where the Sea Breeze comes in, very clean, quiet and peaceful, nothing fancy, however totally functional with breathtaking views and healing saltwater swimming in the shallow 3-4 foot Caribbean Sea, only 30 feet across the street off the hotel dock. One of the main (if not the main) PLUS for me is a home cooked breakfast by the incredible organic cook / manager, Ms. Marion, if you want to buy some of the awesome organic foods around Corozol, get enough for her and her 2 children or chip in some money for food and there is a pretty good chance you can talk her into cooking you a gourmet late lunch, early dinner, which I would, highly, highly, recommend, also book early she only has 8 rooms and they are full every weekend :). I will be staying there again for 12 weeks in a month or so, if you would have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me, Dr. Kerry T. Bullerdick, M.D. at : kerrybull8@yahoo.com.

Room Tip: book early, only 8 rooms and fills up every weekend :)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business