All reviews air conditioning in town hot water shared kitchen suspension bridge ceiling fan clean rooms laundry service location is great a nice place to stay farmers market stayed here for nights betty fridge tours guesthouse guide
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I was unaware of this Guest House until I was booked on a business trip. I will agree that it is pretty central, secure and kept quite clean. It is of great value for a low budget no frills client. The hotel features a common area that includes a lounge and a kitchenette, which has a fridge and utensils are provided.

I stayed in a room that was close to the common area, and if there is a large group (which there was during my stay) it can get very noisy. The room I stayed in had a ceiling fan, air conditioning, cable tv and wireless internet access, which were included in the rate. I had some issues with the water pressure in the room, as it mostly trickled from the shower head and the hot water trickled more than the cold water. I also had an issue with the deadbolt lock on my door as I had to struggle to lock the room door after it was opened. Not sure if that goes for all rooms, but it was my experience.

The staff that I encountered worked from 2 pm to 8pm and was very friendly and helpful. Before and after those hours you are required to go downstairs and ring a bell, (a little inconvenient as there are no phones in the room), but its one flight of steps so its not too far, and good exercise. This is not a wheelchair accessible hotel.

The bed was comfortable, so it provided what I needed, which was a good night's rest after a long day of work.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We stayed in San Ignacio and Betty was recommended to us. The location is great and close to all restaurants, bars and tours. We were able to walk around and explore the town easily from the guesthouse.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a very clean, nice hotel right in town with a friendly and helpful night staff. No bells and whistles, just a nice place to stay.. The rooms did not have kitchens, but there is a kitchen available in the common area.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I stayed for a week from the 12th of May to the 19th. The Casa Blanca Guest House is exactly as advertised. In the centre of town, clean rooms and a very generous common area with kitchen. The staff is friendly and helpful. Everything that you will need is only steps away from the hotel.

Room tip: Choose a room with air conditioning
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2017

We stayed for 4 days at the Casablanca in February. The accommodation is basic but very clean, and the guest house is very well-run. The location can't be beat, and the proximity to restaurants (such as Hannah's across the road) makes life pretty easy :)! Betty was very kind and helpful in assisting us with travel plans. We would happily stay here again if in the area, and recommend Casablanca to others!

Date of stay: February 2017