All reviews botanical gardens jungle lodge horseback riding macal river fire tower cave tubing mayan ruins atm cave on site tree house meal plan pine ridge exotic birds day trip all inclusive package zip lining there is no air conditioning
Reviewed 13 December 2016

I went with my family (my wife and 4 yo son) as well as 2 other familys, so finding a family friendly resort was important. My son–we all–had a great time. On the grounds they have horses, amazing botanical gardens, and the resort was beautiful. The owner, Judy, was a great host and always around. The staff was also wonderful and helped us plan all of our excursions, they were knowledgable and super friendly. It was a great central hub for our exploration, I highly recommend staying if you plan to visit mainland Belize.

Room Tip: We had a group so we stayed in the big house (La Casona) it felt like a private getaway and everyone had their own space.
2  Thank Charles W
Reviewed 8 December 2016

My wife, kids and I were really looking forward to visiting Belize since last summer.Our agent suggested Duplooy's Jungle Lodge and we are more than happy to have stayed with them 5 nights. We were picked up by an exceptional guide, Phillip, who oriented us well on the two hours ride to the lodge. As we arrived the lodge we met Anna, another professional and fantastic employee who did our check inn and arranged most of our trips to ATM, Mayan Temples and the Iguanas. The food is the best we've ever tasted and the bartenders were great! (Albert and Ophelia). Rooms were very tidy and comfortable while the ground were just amazing! Thanks Duplooy family and keep on doing the great work!

2  Thank adamssteve891
Reviewed 3 December 2016

duPlooy's has been on my list for years and it rose to the top this trip because some of my friends are avid birders. We visited in October and the special price for package tours during a typically slow month in Belize added to the incentives. We were thrilled with this choice - a perfect fit!

The 5 of us reserved the Macal Suite which included 3 bedrooms, a lovely living/seating area, 2 shared bathrooms with stone showers, and multiple porch areas. Our package included shuttles from the municipal airport with stops at the zoo, Amigo's for lunch, and the Green Iguana Project at the start and to the Guatemala border at the end, all the meals, and 2 full days of touring, one for Caracol and one for birding and Barton Creek Cave. Gratefully we were also able to fit in repeated visits to the gorgeous Belize Botanic Garden. Staff was great, food was great, and our daily guide, Wilfred, was a highlight of the trip. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: For a family or small group the Macal Suite is a fabulous choice!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hopefulist
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Judy was a wonderful host and her staff were friendly and helpful. Clean rooms. Beautiful flora and fauna. The botanical gardens are a must see. Actun Tunichil Muknal is a once in a lifetime tour that shouldn't be missed.

1  Thank Kerry Z
Reviewed 12 November 2016

one of a kind place, friendly, clean, excellent food. Be prepared for no a/c, tv and limited internet. I had absolutely no problem not having any of these. I'm not an early riser, however I woke up at 6-7 each morning with the birds singing all around me so I can catch a full daylight, it gets dark pretty early. I slept with all 8 windows wide open and the ceiling fan on. Never slept better. Wilford was my guide and, besides being very handsome :-), he's very knowledgeable and entertaining. Don't be afraid to go on any adventures, they will go at your pace. Don't forget to feed the birds in the morning and the kingajiu at night (a nocturnal type of cat). The jungle is remote but the guide or one of the staff drives you anywhere you need. Bring a flashlight. Ah, the botanical garden is huge and really beautiful and taken care of. I could go on forever but everyone needs their own experience. I loved it and hope to go back.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet but the tree house is unique
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo