My partner and I spent two restful nights at this lovely hotel. The staff was warm, welcoming and responsive. Breakfast on the verandah watching beautiful birds (toucans, aricaris, tanagers and more) at very close range was a delight. The food, coffee and service were first-rate. The pool was perfect after a long, hot road trip. The lounge chairs were very comfy and the pool surroundings lush. Our room was well-appointed (with even an iron and ironing board which I made good use of) with good lighting, a roomy bath and terrific mattresses. We slept great and enjoyed relaxing. We didn't take advantage of the many tours offered; we'll have to do that next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize