San Ignacio hotel was just great. The staff was so friendly and helpful, The tours we booked through the hotel were great-my riding adventure was a wonderful discourse of politics, animals and organic farming, not to mention a beautiful ride.
The hotel is set on a hill above the town, an easy walk down and calorie burning walk back, giving great access to all the restaurants and street life.
We saw toucans at breakfast! and when I sliced my thumb, the staff got me to a great little hospital.(by the way, the kitchen will crack open your coconuts, so don't try it yourself)
The beds are very comfortable, there is a hammock on the porch, the pool is clean and cool and the restaurant is very good. (get the Ceviche)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize