“The locals have the best food on the island.”

Maggie's Sunset Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 108 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 22
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Grill
Reviewed 26 May 2017

my job brings me often to Caye Caulker and the Caribbean Coconut Shrimp is always my first choice. I go with my group and they all love it, no matter what they get. I sometimes have the conch ceviche and a cold stout which is a must - for me.
The sunset beautiful from there and they serve all the drinks you need on the happy hour. Captain Jack Sparrow is always on the grill, he is Mrs. Maggie´s son but does wonders on the grill.
I love the food from other restaurants, don´t get me wrong but Maggies is always a must.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Eat grilled food outside on wooden tables that is prepared in a local style. Basic, awesome food and drink at a low price.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Real shame this restaurant. Honestly the food was amazing but the service just wasn't up to standard. Firstly we went in the morning and asked to book a table on the dock so over the water but when we arrived no table had been reserved and they were all taken. Then when our food arrived two of the dishes had to be sent back as they had been served with the wrong sides (as you pick two sides with your meat choice). Finally when it came to pay they tried to overcharge us for drinks and charge us for food we didn't even order. Food was great but with service like that I'd be reluctant to return.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Great food and sunset views. My friend and I each had shrimp. Both of our shrimp was cooked and spiced to perfection. We also had a great happy hour drink deal. The food was reasonably priced. The location is off the beaten path, but offers a nice sunset view.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

The food here was amazing--I highly recommend the shrimp! Eating at the picnic tables near the dock proved to be scenic for the wonderful sunset and entertaining because you could see small fish