“Wonderful Huts”

Barefoot Beach Belize
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Caye Caulker
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We stayed in three different huts, 5 people total. Mattresses could use an upgrade ( every where in Belize we found this to be true) , but worth staying here. The owner was fantastic- she warned us early of a possible tsunami and directed us to safety- can't praise her enough. Love the bikes that come with the huts. Great place to stay, close to everything.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Susan P, Owner at Barefoot Beach Belize, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Yes....the beds are firm although new. I will add toppers! Loved having you all!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We loved the thatched hut on the dock. We laid in the hammocks for hours reading and watching people fish off the neighboring dock. We explored the island on our complimentary bikes. We stayed in the ocean front (most popular room), the only draw back is that if you want privacy you must keep the curtains closed at all times, thus missing out on the ocean view. Overall a nice and Caribbean laid back kind of comfort.

Stayed: January 2018
Susan P, Owner at Barefoot Beach Belize, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

I'm happy you liked our little spot of Paradise. Yes, oceanfront is the best being only 10 steps to the waterside! But you have to give up a bit of privacy for that view. After all the ocean is what draws everyone here. Hurry back!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

My husband and I stayed in and Ocean front room in this paradise for three days. I wish we could have stayed longer, and next time we will. Bikes with the room are very nice too. Heidi is great and will make sure your stay is perfect. There isn't a thing I would change.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2017

My husband and I were planning to go to the US Virgin Islands but they were hit by devastating hurricanes. Needing to change our destination, we knew exactly were to go! Our stay at Barefoot was just as good as ever. The staff, Heidi, and the owner, Susan, were very accommodating and awesome as always! I have seen a few reviews for Barefoot that were unjustly left. All I can say is that I feel bad for Susan and the staff for having to put up with those individuals. :) Not only did we return but we brought friends with us as well! Awesome time!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed in the ocean front room and loved it. There's a big, comfy king size bed and a refrigerator to keep your beer in. Though, I'm not sure how much is gained staying in the ocean front room besides a patio looking at the water. There's plenty of chairs just a few feet away for everyone to use. So if you are on a tight budget the cabins at the back would still be a great place to stay.

The owner is really nice and accommodating. We slept in and missed the checkout time but she was reasonable and gave us some extra time to clear the room. The use of the bikes is also a huge perk for this place. It's a serious walk to town but with the bikes it's a lot of fun and you get there quickly. Most other hotels charge for bike rentals.

The only gripe I have is that the A/C unit was old and didn't work very well but eventually would cool down the room. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple