“Fabulous seafood and friendly fun service”

Habanero's Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 105 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Crab, shrimp, and crusted coconut snapper, all to die for.
It's a very special restaurant setting a standard not met elsewhere on Caye Caulker.
The frozen margaritas before dinner set the stage. This is the best choice for a special night out on the island. Darren and his team get five stars!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

What an epic disappointment! The place looks cosy from the outside.
The point I have given is for the lovely staff but really my review is about the food.
We looked at the menu and thought the prices were quite high so expected a good wine list which we had not looked at - there were three medicos reds and three rather poor whites. Ended up with water but that did not bother me - we have consumed enough alcohol here.
We were told that we would be better off having one starter as there would otherwise be too much food. I had wished to try the seafood soup but we went for the cheese fondue type starter my husband ordered. It was bland and was in desperate need of some flavour.
I ordered the amalfi sea platter as lobster was out of season I chose crab claw - phew as that was the only tasty thing on the plate. The plate was stone cold as was the potatoes and rice. The cooked sauce that accompanied the dish was stone cold too. And again everything screamed out for flavour - not a Marie Sharpe bottle in sight! And no, I don't think at a place like that one should have to rely upon such an addition. I don't need my food hot in flavour actually but I do need flavour.
My husband ordered the Makiki Chicken (or something similar sounding) and that was nice and his rice and potatoes were warm. Guessing they had just left my plate to stand - it was a busy evening. At first the waitress offered to bring new warm potatoes but when we realised that all my food was cold the offer was gone and I said I will eat it as it is. You win some you lose some!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

This is a must visit! You have to make reservations in advance but the food is fantastic! Service is great and you sit outside on this veranda. They also did a birthday celebration for us including ice cream and key lime custard. My family of 8 all ordered different dishes and none were disappointed. We are all foodies as well so take our word for it!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

The comments of the table @ the end of the dinner were different (some were very disappointed). I had seafood coconut curry and I can say it was good.
Ok the other side we spent quite a lot. Probably to pay the music which I personally found a bit too loud!

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

The food was good, nothing wrong with it. But we think that you can get the same value in other Caye Caulker's restaurants with much better price.