All reviews lazy lizard communal kitchen hammock on the balcony location is excellent rooms are clean good size sea breeze laid back split fans dock belize island lounge caulker caribbean cabana
Reviewed 18 April 2018

My husband and I stayed here for a trip in March of 2018. We were in the Yellow cabana and it was perfect. It was small and there really isn't any place to sit or lounge other than the FABULOUS hammock on the deck. This didn't bother me at ALL. My husband would have had someplace to sit and read or just move to when he couldn't sleep.

The place is at the end of the island by the Lazy Lizard it is close to everything but far enough away from all the noise. It is a great place to relax and just take in the environment. I would highly recommend giving this place a try. We loved our stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa T
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Honestly surprised by how good the food was at this place, expected pricey junk thrown together for the tourists it traps there with its indisputably beautiful views. But I saw the menu prices were less than I thought and decided to take the gamble, glad I did! The tacos were delicious and cheap (3 to an order at $2 or $3 depending on meat choice) and the coconut jerk conch lunch special for $15 was one of the nicest conch meals I’ve had. I’ve already recommended the place to some ladies we passed on the beach

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Bar built on dock across the street from Mara's Place (only drank, didn't stay). There are tables, swings, and a volleyball 'court' in the water. Loud, music not great, really inexperienced staff, and not great drinks. Way better options nearby.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Went to Sip n Dip for lunch and drinks so can only comment on the bar, not on the accommodations. Between the three of us, we got one order of nachos and two of the same burgers (forget the name, but they each had one chicken and one beef patty). The nachos weren't anything to write home about (I think the cheese was Velveeta from a can or something) but the burgers were good. The fries were way overcooked.

None of us would eat there again, but we'd go back for drinks since the location is excellent (over the water), the atmosphere is fun and laid-back, and you can lounge in the water as you drink. Same prices on drinks (a bucket of 6 Belikins for $25 BZD) and food ($12 BZD for nachos and burgers) as many other places on the island.

Recommend going for the drinks and atmosphere, but maybe eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We picked the room because it was close to the split. To be honest though, everything was in walking distance.

There were 4 of us in the room and the Fans didn't cut it. At all. Our room at the back had no sea breeze and we roasted.. there was no staff around to ask fir extra fans as they seem to shut on Sundays and Monday... so we just left and found a CHEAPer room with air con and a pool down the road.

The room had character. I liked the communal kitchen and the reading books and lamp by the bed. It was clean, but overpriced for what it was in low season.

Oh and the wifi didn't work.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family