“Best Grilled Sea Bass EVER!”
Review of Stella's Sunset

Stella's Sunset
Ranked #12 of 228 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 12
Description: Stella's is a sunset wine bar & restaurant located one mile north of the bridge, lagoon side, in San Pedro, Belize. We offer a unique portfolio of wines from countries around the world, a rotating menu that changes each night, and lots of great house-made appetizers. For our most recent menu, please see our Facebook page or go to our website listed above. Please check our Facebook page for nightly specials FB: Stella's Smile
Reviewed 23 March 2016

My wife, sister and I went to Stella's for dinner and the Meal of the night was Grilled Sea Bass (option for Chicken dish or Salad's). Not only did the Bass smell amazing as it was being grilled, but it was REALLY, REALLY the best Sea Bass I have ever eaten. The portion was generous, and the bass was cooked so tender, that once it was in your mouth, you literally did not have to chew. I just let it dissolve on my tongue and enjoyed the spices (amazing).
The rest of the meal was also great, but to tell the truth, I couldn't tell you what else was on my plate because the Bass was so good.
The atmosphere was also a real treat, it was open air with sand underfoot, torch lit, and peaceful. The waiter (Shelby - like the Mustang) was attentive and had great personality, and the Bartender made sure we had the right drinks to make us happy.
Now, the bad news. . . they don't serve Sea Bass everynight. They have a floating menu, and so you have to check to see what is being served each night; HOWEVER, I would guess that every night is still a great meal (unfortunately we only got the chance to get to Stella's once this trip). Also, you do have to make sure you are not too late in getting there. Once the food is gone, that is it!! So, don't wait too late, especially if it is a popular night.
So, go, enjoy the ambiance, and especially the food. And tell Shelby "hi" from Las Vegas and Kansas City!

1  Thank oasisvet
Pam P, Owner at Stella's Sunset, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Hi there --

Thank you so much for the great TripAdvisor review! We're so glad you enjoyed your time at Stella's and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Everyone was very friendly. We had a good time. Unfortunately the food was not as good. I was expecting Italian for dinner we ended up philly cheese steak sandwiches. The meat was pretty tough and it was like no other philly cheese steak I have ever had before.

Peter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Ambergris Caye.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

One or two selections each night cooked by a guest chef from a local restaurant in town. Best to check the schedule so you show up on a night they are cooking what you want to eat. Have tried the burger night and didn't care for it much ...... burgers were big but uninteresting, short on garnish and served with a small bag of Lay's potato chips. Big-time carnivores might love them, but I would have been a lot happier if I could have had a pickle and some mayo!
Another time I tried the Snapper cooked by Robin's Kitchen and it was probably the best fish filet I have ever had anywhere, any time, ever!
Environment is truly lovely. Staff is fantastic - cheerful, attentive without being cloying, knowledgeable about the food and the wine, well groomed and they radiate a great feeling all the time.
Hubby-owner sometimes hovers and broadcasts stress..... despite the name of the place Mr. Stella doesn't smile ........
Wine selection is extensive and good, pours seem a bit short.
Entrees are around $20 US (maybe less) and a good value. I wish they had some interesting side dishes, but that may be hard to do with the visiting kitchen approach. Appetizers are not so tasty and are expensive.
Dessert was incredibly good ...... I had a variation on Boston cream pie --- OMG. yum.
I listed value as "average" rather than very good or excellent because of the short pour on wine and the not so good appetizers. The entrees on their own would rate an "excellent" in the value column. I think they have a nice concept and I wish them well. I will return on my next visit, and hope that they have figured out how to serve up some vegetables.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Islandlover108

Island Lover,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of Stella's. We appreciate the feedback, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

Stopped by on a Wednesday night- we had the artichoke bruschetta which was ok, but the wine flights and main course really made up for it! We for the white and rose flight offered that night and they were both very good with options from different continents. I had the sea bass with tropical salsa which was one of the best cooked fish dishes I have ever had in my life! My husband had the chicken with tropical salsa and he loved his as well. The owner and staff are very sweet and i would highly recommend this to anyone!!

1  Thank Lindsey W

LIndsey,

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Would absolutely recommend - great service and great food in an unusual setting. Our favourite meal of the week!

1  Thank Innie17