My friend and I just returned from Ambergis Caye. We stayed at PRV for 5 days. The staff were excellent and friendly. I've traveled around the world, and the staff here probably were one of the most "down to earth" people. The 2-bedroom is a good size. The breakfast is also very good. A+ for their services. In general, the people on the island are exceptional friendly. Now, the location of the hotel is not the best. It's far away from everything. You need a taxi to get to town (where all the actions are). It's 15 minutes away going at 20 or less mph. About the taxi, if you want to pay extra money, then ask the staff to call a taxi for you. They use only 1 person and it's $12.50 USD (one-way), or you can just pick up a phone and call them a cab, it's $10 USD. Most of the taxi drivers are pretty nice and reliable. No need to worry there. Tip: On the island, if you see a "beat-up" van (very old and dirty), then it's 99.9%-it's the taxi cab. About the beach, this is not your typical beaches where you can simply go and swim or sitting in our room and listen to the wave. You won't get none of that here at PRV or anywhere on the island. The moment you step on the beach, the seagrass is underneath where it's impossible to swim. To swim, you have to walk toward the end of the pier and step down the ocean. Then again, seagrass is everywhere so beware. The ocean here is calm (like a lake) because about 15 miles away, it's the coral reef. So, you won't hear much of the ocean wave on shore. I love to listen to the ocean wave when I go to the beach. Too bad, I won't be able to find it here. Oh! note: you cannot swim when the seagrass is everywhere. But, the seagrass attract many other marine life. I saw two turtles, sting ray, and many fish there. Lastly, everything on the island is very expensive. This is a small hotel like most of the hotel on the island. If you come when there is nobody around (like we did), then it's great, very relaxing. Otherwise, you might as well stay in town, where noise and people. With the money that you pay at PRV, you might reconsider your options. There are many other great, and nice hotel for you to chose. Good luck and have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.6 Mls South of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro