Pelican Reef quite simply offered the best service we have had in the past 20 years of travel. Not only was the service impeccable but we could not have asked more in the way of accommodations. We visited much of the island and I didn't see anywhere else that was this beautiful and serene to spend a vacation.
Terry and others greeted us immediately as our taxi pulled up. Our bags were whisked away to our rooms while Terry took our weary bodies to the bar for complimentary drinks. We were greeted cheerfully by many staff members and they continued to treat us as family throughout the entire trip.
Here are a few more examples of the level of detail that is offered at Pelican Reef. I casually mentioned that my son was celebrating his birthday and a home-made birthday cake, complete with candle, was delivered to the room. Not only do they make restaurant recommendations and reservations, but they make arrangements to have a taxi take you round trip to and from the restaurant. After one meal, I mentioned that I prefer spicier food so from then on, Irma, the chef, made sure to give my entrees more heat.
Our place (two bedroom, two bath, full kitchen, living/dining room, three balconies, washer/dryer) was spotless when we arrived, plus the refrigerator was stocked exactly as we had requested. WiFi is available throughout the property and we were thrilled to have so many premier cable stations (HBO, Showtime, etc.) available for evening TV watching.
In our minds Terry, Ruth, Harvey and the rest of the staff at Pelican Reef make Pelican Reef worth every penny. They each work tirelessly day and night to make this a wonderful experience for their guests.
Specific thanks to:
Terry for patiently and efficiently handling all of our requests (and there were many!)
Harvey for the perfect Dirty Monkey (drink)
Ruth for your humor, smile and wonderful drinks
Irma for keeping our food spicy just like we like it
Karol for taking care of us
Greg for listening to all of our comments
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro