Lowest prices for your stay
$168
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$147
Travelocity
$147
eDreams$168
Priceline$176
Orbitz.com$147
All reviews beautiful boutique hotel golf cart boca del rio perfect location quiet at night private balcony close to town full kitchen beach towels beach bar water taxi reef fridge dock island ocean tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 June 2019

Small, pretty and well maintained facility with several larger apartments with living rooms and decks overlooking ocean. Good location because not in busy part of town but close enough to walk to restaurants and easy access to bridge to North side of island.

Room tip: apartments with two bedrooms are lovely
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights and actually I got sick on arrival at San Pedro and the staff at the hotel were wonderful in that they looked after me. They were very kind, especially Sasha. The room itself is pretty and well decorated and the bed is very comfortable. There is also a tv with Netflix etc built into it. The hotel is on the beach slightly north of town. They also have nice touches like free taxi to the airport.
My main problem with this place, and why I couldn’t give it more than 3 stars, is that both times I took a shower I did not get hot water and that the dogs were loud at night at times. I love dogs and they are two cute German shepherds, but having them bark loudly in the middle of the night is frustrating. Maybe management could take them home at night as they cause more disturbance in the evening. My only other small issue is that my place was advertised as having a balcony but actually it’s a shared common area where 3 Rooms meet so it was not private at all. The main issue for me was lack of hot water and the loud dogs at night.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SamG321
Julie Babcock, Owner at Caye Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back to Caye Casa some day. The dogs are no longer here (one died during the pandemic of old age and the other is living the life as a fisherman's aid in Placencia - southern Belize). The hot water heater and water pressure pump have been updated. Hot water and pressure are both readily available. We look forward to welcoming you back to paradise. Jake, miss Julie's son, and General Manager of Caye Casa.

Reviewed 25 April 2019

Caye Casa is a little way along the beach from the ferry taxi but is walkable in under 10 minutes. Between the two are numerous bars and restaurants giving a great rage of dining and drinking options.
Check was very efficient and friendly and the reception staff throughout were always on hand to help.
We stayed in classic rooms which were a reasonable size, very clean (and well maintained throughout our stay by housekeeping). The bathroom was well stocked with really nice hand made soaps which was a real treat.
The property is not big and that gives a feel of intimacy. It is just a step across the beach road to a jetty over the sea and the prospect of cocktails at sunset.
Overall, we had a really enjoyable stay at Caye Casa and would recommend to those seeking a quieter, slightly quirky property that is within easy walk of everything but away from the bustle.

Room tip: If you want more space go for a suite on the ground floor
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SurreyRome
Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

Wonderful place!
Manager Julie, is very helpful and kind. The guard dog Reef is amazing. She does an excellent job protecting the place.
The hotel is extremely clean and walking distance to lots of things.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

I stayed two nights at Caye Casa, in room #4, which is ground level, right next to the office. Pool is right outside the door as well. Overall, the room was good for me as a solo traveler. A king bed with just enough room to walk around each side. Bathroom was modern and clean. Only complaint for this part of the room was no shower curtain. This is a pet peeve of mine, not everybody cares, I know. They did provide washcloths, which I wasn’t sure they would, so that was nice. Only other complaint would be the A/C is restricted to no lower than 73 degrees F. It was fine during the day, but I prefer a bit colder room for sleeping. Just a few more degrees would have helped me sleep better. But it was definitely better than no A/C at all. So it may be perfect for most. Just thought I would share this detail. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The dogs and rooster mentioned in an earlier review were not a problem at all. Not noisy during my 2 nights, at least. The German Shepard was docile towards me. I do enjoy animals.

Date of stay: February 2019