Lowest prices for your stay
$191
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$139
Priceline
$201
Travelocity$148
Trip.com$235
eDreams$191
All reviews beautiful boutique hotel golf cart boca del rio perfect location quiet at night private balcony close to town full kitchen beach towels beach bar water taxi reef fridge dock island ocean tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

Wonderful place!
Manager Julie, is very helpful and kind. The guard dog Reef is amazing. She does an excellent job protecting the place.
The hotel is extremely clean and walking distance to lots of things.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

I stayed two nights at Caye Casa, in room #4, which is ground level, right next to the office. Pool is right outside the door as well. Overall, the room was good for me as a solo traveler. A king bed with just enough room to walk around each side. Bathroom was modern and clean. Only complaint for this part of the room was no shower curtain. This is a pet peeve of mine, not everybody cares, I know. They did provide washcloths, which I wasn’t sure they would, so that was nice. Only other complaint would be the A/C is restricted to no lower than 73 degrees F. It was fine during the day, but I prefer a bit colder room for sleeping. Just a few more degrees would have helped me sleep better. But it was definitely better than no A/C at all. So it may be perfect for most. Just thought I would share this detail. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The dogs and rooster mentioned in an earlier review were not a problem at all. Not noisy during my 2 nights, at least. The German Shepard was docile towards me. I do enjoy animals.

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Idnas71
Reviewed 6 February 2019

We recently returned from Belize after staying at Caye (Key) Casa for 5 nights. We stayed on the top floor in room 8 which had a nice view of the beachfront (OK, obscured a bit by the roof, but we're not usually fussy). The bed was comfortable, pillows nice and the room was tidied up daily. Cab fare to and from the airport was covered for us (nice touch).
No, the water pressure wasn't great, but we're on the 3rd floor in a small Caribbean hotel. Again we're not usually fussy, but this might be an issue for some. None of the other guests would let us shower in their room so I can't say if a lower room would have had more pressure ;). We chose not to rent a golf cart but rather walk to local bars/restaurants. Plenty of "on the water" bars in close proximity. Namely Wayo's (nice people), Loser's (fun country themed bar), and others. We enjoyed eating at Estel's for breakfast (banana pancakes, yum) and it was about a 12ish minute walk. We're divers and Belize Pro Dive (see my review, A+ dive op) was willing to pick us up on the dock in front of Caye Casa. (The one with two deck chairs). Apparently it's very shallow right there and not easy for boats to dock, but they did anyway.
If you're a dog lover you'll have no issue (we love dogs), but if you don't like dogs you might have an issue. They have 2 shepherds, one older who is very chill and a younger dog (Kaya?) with a lot of puppy left in her. She'd follow us halfway to Estel's most mornings, wanting to play (we obliged), throwing coconut husks around and nipping at our hands. No biggie for us, but if you aren't a dog person, you might look elsewhere. Other nice amenities were the safe in our room to lock up valuables (although we never felt unsafe), free wifi (worked well), and a large bottled water tank. We were told that the tap is safe to drink, but we didn't want to chance it, so we used the tank for drinking water and "brushing our teeth" water. Cups provided in the room as were bars of soap and liquid soap and conditioner. The latter was nice for my wife after a day of diving/seawater. I've read some were put off by roosters crowing. We couldn't hear it in our room, but out on the deck you can. Didn't bother us. The pool is more like a large hottub sized basin and if you're looking for a lounge pool, move on. Having said that most pools that we saw while walking around, with a few exceptions, were very small. Some of the more resort type hotels had lounge pools, CC does not.
My usual standard for a review being pos or neg is "would we stay there again?" The answer is Yes, without question. Having said that if you're used to 5 star accommodations, you may be let down and there are more expensive options on the island that would better meet your needs, but we had a great time!!!
Thanks Caye Casa!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrisbe214
Reviewed 27 January 2019

I was excited to come to Caye Casa as part of a trip with my girlfriend. Prior to reserving a room, I called and was told the property would be peaceful and quiet, exactly what I was looking for. The staff, who were nice, unfortunately lied about it being peaceful and quiet.

First, they lied about it being quiet. During my stay, my girlfriend and I were surrounded by noise, mainly from the dogs that the owner keeps on the property. The dogs barked into the night. And a rooster started making noise at 4am. I got no sleep.

Second, they lied about it being peaceful. Their dogs followed us everywhere, biting us and barking at us as we went. I was on a trip to relax, but I was sometimes afraid to leave the room because of the owner’s pets.

Third, THE OWNER DOESN’T CARE. I told staff during the stay about the problems. Nothing was done. I followed up after the trip. The owner, Julie, didn’t apologize in a short email. She didn’t acknowledge a single mistake. She truly seemed to not care. Didn’t even respond to my second email.

Overall, if you want to stay in a zoo where you WON'T SLEEP, will feel UNCOMFORTABLE and where the focus is on animals, go to Caye Casa. In other words, avoid Caye Casa at all costs.

Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank OnAir57476823836
Julie Babcock, Owner at Caye Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2021

Thank you for your honest review. As the new GM I wanted to let you know that we no longer have dogs on the property and we finally paid our neighbor enough to get rid of her roosters. We hope to welcome you back to Caye Casa in the future. ~ Warm regards, Jake, GM, Caye Casa

Reviewed 21 January 2019

This boutique lodging is one of our favorite places we have stayed in our travels, and we will be back for sure! We stayed in the "Sun Caye Classic" room which is on the top 3rd floor. We loved the beautiful ocean views and spent each morning sipping coffee, feeling relaxed and even being able to get morning puppy love from the new resident puppy Kaya(sp?). In fact the property has 2 amazing German Shepherds, the oldest one named Reef. WeI loved Reef - he was so mellow, watching over his precious property and coveted guests and giving a sense of peace and protection. One of the highlights of our stay as I was missing my doggies back home.

The room was greatly equipped with bottled water dispenser, coffee maker, and little fridge. It was on the smaller size, but we loved the coziness and the view out the glass door from bed was amazing (see our pics). I don't understand the issue with the AC from previous posts - it was perfect temp for us always. The bathroom was size-able and loved the open walk in shower. We got a couple of quick visit with the owner Julie, since the owner's suite was next to ours, and she is a gem. The room is super quiet, the bed was so comfy, and wifi worked great.

We loved having the small pool to take a dip and cool off, and the loungers out in front of the hotel were perfect for relaxing, watching people going by and of course again the beautiful ocean views.

Location was absolutely perfect for us!! Just across and down the street were great bars /restaurants and behind the hotel a block was one of the best bakeries we have been to - check out our food reviews.

We loved how clean the entire hotel was, housekeeping was spot on, and all staff were super friendly. Next stay we are thinking of doing the larger 1 bedroom units on the 2nd floor - they have great outdoor balconies.

Lastly, you just can't beat the price for such a great boutique hotel - we can't wait to get back to Caye Casa on our next trip back to Ambergris Caye. We highly recommend.

Room tip: View from the top rooms are fabulous
Date of stay: December 2018