1,355 results
All reviews nature walk full kitchen ambergris caye golf cart lil alphonse grocery store our honeymoon hermit crabs cinnamon rolls free bikes fish bedroom suite staff was extremely helpful swimming area dinner reservations palm trees tropic air
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I feel terrible that it has taken me this long to post a review.
Xanadu was amazing.
From the welcome drink to the quite rooms everything is exactly the way it's pictured on their site. As a matter I fact I think they actually undersold it. The people were super friendly and went out of their way to make us comfortable. I mean these are people who clearly understand the concept of hospitality and want you to come back, and tell your friends. The night security guard even went to the market for me one night so that I wouldn't have to walk there alone, and then wouldn't even accept a tip. They hooked us up with a great dive group, snorkel trip, and even gave us a couple free hours on the golf cart because it rained and we were a bit paranoid to drive the thing in the rain.

The place is very very clean, and having our own outside patio was amazing. Bring a citronella candle or something like it so you don't get eaten alive while you sit on your patio having cocktails.
I also loved having our own kitchen because food on the island is a bit on the pricy side.

I recently saw a deal on Groupon for a week stay at Xanadu and I'm seriously upset that I've already used my vacation days for this year.

If you are going to Ambergris Caye you will not be disappointed by Xanadu. I wish I could get back there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Anakasha
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I looked at this resort based on the reviews from trip adviser. This resort has not disappointed. The staff is great. It is very beautiful and has a very nice quiet and secluded pool. The rooms are fantastic with nice kitchens. We bought wine and vodka at duty free which I would highly recommend it is way more expensive in town. Can't wait to enjoy the next 6 days.

Room Tip: Get the one with the ocean view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DrjeffP
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and I spent 3 nights at Xanadu and everyone was incredible at the resort. They helped us book an amazing parasailing trip, fishing trip with bbq and snorkeling. The grounds of the resort are breathtaking.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank K S
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I've wanted to go to this island for years and finally did from 6/8-6/19. Chose Xanadu based on TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that there was a great deal of shade at the pool. I was not disappointed. My wife & I and our cousins had Starfish Suite #12, ground floor,and could see the pool and the ocean. Not having a bar or restaurant at Xanadu was no problem as there is a great supermarket on the main road just across the street from the entrance to the property. They have beer, soda and purified water athe resort activities desk. Agallon of water was $1 US o no need to carry it from the supermarket. The entire staff was outstanding from Kathy the manager on down - Blanca(about 8 weeks away from delivering child #3 as I write this), Ingrid, Jamal & Orlando. Both bedroom doors in our suite needed to be planed as they squeaked when opened or closed and they promptly fixed them.
Ate at Red Ginger(awesome Tapas on Sundays and one other day of the week). Blue Water Grill and El Patio also excellent as was El Divino which is an easy walk as well as Hidden Treassure which will provie transportation although we had a golf cart. If you like great pizza Pinocchios is an absolute must. As a New Yorker I am spoiled when it comes to pizza but this little Italian restaurant made some of the best coal-fired thin pizza I have ever tasted and they will deliver.
Rented a golf cart from CartsBelize which is right next to Xanadu which will handle the arrangements for you as well as bgook any other activities. If you are not on a strict budget Tropic AQir is the best bet to get from the Internatioanal airport in Belize City to Ambergris Caye. A 15 seater and it takes abot 20 minutes or less. Xanadu pays for the cab to and from the airport so all we did was give the driver a tip for helping load the bags. All-In-All a great vacation although if I go back I would go a bit earlier in the year as the rainy season starts in June.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Scubaman1980
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My husband and two kids, aged 14 and 13, spent 6 nights at Xanadu and did not want to leave. I picked the place based on Trip Advisor reviews and am so glad I did. Our unit was on the second floor. We ate breakfast on our balcony with a beautiful view of the pool and the ocean. We banned all electronics from the trip, but my kids did not miss them as they took full advantage of the pool, bikes, kayaks, and reading on the hammock. The staff was so helpful for everything -in booking our zipline and cave tubing excursion and for renting our golf cart. We loved every restaurant they recommended. My husband loved snorkeling off the dock. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed. The place did not have a touristy feel, just an overwhelming feel of relaxing in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family