1,344 results
All reviewsnature walkfull kitchenambergris cayegolf cartlil alphonsegrocery storeour honeymoonhermit crabscinnamon rollsfree bikesfishbedroom suitecave tubingstaff was extremely helpfulswimming areadinner reservationspalm trees
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My husband and I traveled here in May. They upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite - nice, large kitchen and porch area with hammock and tables. Had some loud kids upstairs, but nothing unmanageable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Rented a golf cart so we could go to the Palapa Bar (recommend that!) and to explore the island. Bikes only available until 5 pm, I think, so you have to walk or take a taxi/golf cart for meals. Hotel was right on the beach and hotel had its own dock. Perfect for the snorkel trip with Alphonse that the hotel arranged. Strong a/c was relief from hot, hot weather. Believe the owner's grandson was getting married at the resort the day we left, but wedding preparations did not get in the way of everyone's use of resort facilities.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lovetotravelle
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Once again Xanadu and it's staff have exceded expectations. The units are well maintained and the staff is friendly. The staff is what really will set this property appart. From Jamal at the desk to Orlando who attends the grounds and the pool area which never has anything out of place. The housekeeping staff has always done a great job with rooms and continues to due so. This staff works very hard to attend to any and all guest needs. As someone that travels 6 days a week for work it is a refreshing experience to spend time at xanadue.

Room Tip: Book well in advance.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank vacati0nrules
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed at Xanadu in December of 2011. I have preface with the fact that I stayed in the 3 bedroom suite over looking the water. The accommodations were beautiful. Outdoor hammocks, three bathrooms, and plenty of space for 5 people. It was the perfect apartment. The only complaint is that the walls are thin, so you could hear other people up at night or early in the morning (in the apartment). The staff was excellent. They helped us schedule reservations for dinner and were overall very friendly. The dock out on the water was the best part. Pull up a lawn chair, get a drink, a book, and let the wind keep you cool in the glorious sun. Xanadu was close enough to town that you could use their bikes, but far enough that you won't get the noise from the center of town. If you are looking for a classy place with the comforts of home, this is your place. Its couple, family, and single friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank VNYNYC
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just returned from Belize and a week at this very good resort. The location and the friendliness of the staff were excellent. We had two issues that somewhat negatively influenced an otherwise fantastic time. The beds in the secondary bedroom of our unit were really only suitable for children. My son and I alternated sleeping on the couch as we are both over 6'. Additionally,we had a problem with theft. We had been warned by friends that live on Ambergris Caye to be careful with valuables. After four days we became a little less cautious and left an Ipod in the player and some cash in a pair of pants in the closet. Both were removed by whoever was cleaning the room. Our fault...but still.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank 714danj
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon last week. We did not have much time but Xanadu staff did a great job of helping us make every minute count. They arranged some wonderful tours for us to snorkel and see sights on the mainland and a relaxing massage over the beach. They also recommended and booked reservations at many tasty local eateries. The place was idyllic, quiet and beautiful. Loved the eco friendly aspect. All the staff were efficient, kind and helpful. When I come back to Ambergris Caye, I will be staying at Xanadu again!

Room Tip: We sprung for the Honeymoon Suite (Room 3). Beautiful beach views and private balcony made the room! Also, we appreciated having two full baths!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple