1,385 results
All reviews nature walk ambergris caye full kitchen golf cart heated pool lil alphonse our honeymoon hermit crabs grocery store cinnamon rolls free bikes bedroom suite fish dinner reservations cave tubing swimming area paddle boards
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed at Xanadu in December of 2011. I have preface with the fact that I stayed in the 3 bedroom suite over looking the water. The accommodations were beautiful. Outdoor hammocks, three bathrooms, and plenty of space for 5 people. It was the perfect apartment. The only complaint is that the walls are thin, so you could hear other people up at night or early in the morning (in the apartment). The staff was excellent. They helped us schedule reservations for dinner and were overall very friendly. The dock out on the water was the best part. Pull up a lawn chair, get a drink, a book, and let the wind keep you cool in the glorious sun. Xanadu was close enough to town that you could use their bikes, but far enough that you won't get the noise from the center of town. If you are looking for a classy place with the comforts of home, this is your place. Its couple, family, and single friendly.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank VNYNYC
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just returned from Belize and a week at this very good resort. The location and the friendliness of the staff were excellent. We had two issues that somewhat negatively influenced an otherwise fantastic time. The beds in the secondary bedroom of our unit were really only suitable for children. My son and I alternated sleeping on the couch as we are both over 6'. Additionally,we had a problem with theft. We had been warned by friends that live on Ambergris Caye to be careful with valuables. After four days we became a little less cautious and left an Ipod in the player and some cash in a pair of pants in the closet. Both were removed by whoever was cleaning the room. Our fault...but still.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
11  Thank 714danj
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon last week. We did not have much time but Xanadu staff did a great job of helping us make every minute count. They arranged some wonderful tours for us to snorkel and see sights on the mainland and a relaxing massage over the beach. They also recommended and booked reservations at many tasty local eateries. The place was idyllic, quiet and beautiful. Loved the eco friendly aspect. All the staff were efficient, kind and helpful. When I come back to Ambergris Caye, I will be staying at Xanadu again!

Room tip: We sprung for the Honeymoon Suite (Room 3). Beautiful beach views and private balcony made the room! Also, we appreciated having two full baths!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

We spent a week at Xanadu, and had a good experience. Our first room was 7A and was a one-bedroom - clean and functional with a decent kitchen. Not luxury as advertised but we liked the location - close enough to town to ride our bikes to (loved the free rentals) or walk along the beach to/from (20-min walk) - nice pool area, two markets within a few feet and friendly, helpful staff. Our last night we were upgraded to Room 11 which is an ocean front, 3-bedroom truly luxury suite - upgraded everything (tile, kitchen, furniture, etc) with a private deck. There were just two of us so it was overkill but it was a great way to enjoy our last night.

Tips:
- take advantage of the free bike rentals- either ride on the beach or street for a quick way to get into town (the beach is a little harder when you hit soft sand but a fun adventure)
- try George's Kitchen for a great meal - short 5-min walk from the hotel
- Marinas market is a little less than the supermarket across the street but the latter has better selection/more variety
- we booked our dives with Chuck & Robbie's - highly recommend them, and went fishing with Hill (caught about 100 snappers between my husband and I!)

3  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently I stayed at this quant Boutique Resort and had such a relaxing vacation. The most memorable of all was the kindness and helpfuness of Ms. Ingrid. She was there to give my husband and I advice about the island, help us with our tours and welcomed us in a way that we felt like we were staying with family. These days we just look for places to go and relax and the resort and it's staff become an important factor of our enjoyment. MS. Ingrid made us feel so comfortable that I will view our future stays at Xanadu Resort like going to our new second home and to visit MS. Ingrid like I am visiting my dearest family.

Date of stay: March 2012