1,348 results
All reviews nature walk full kitchen ambergris caye golf cart lil alphonse grocery store our honeymoon hermit crabs cinnamon rolls free bikes fish bedroom suite cave tubing staff was extremely helpful swimming area dinner reservations palm trees
Reviewed 8 February 2012

unit 11 is a 3bdrm 3 bath georgous 2 storey suite with an awesome kitchen. balcony is huge and overlooks the ocean. unit 10 is a 2 bdrm 2 bath and is also great just smaller than unit 11 above. great location although all beaches have sea grass washing up. staff is great and very helpful - Orlando, Jamal, Bianca. would go back for sure...

Room Tip: unit 10 or 11 is awesome - right on waterfront
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cengizg29
Reviewed 6 February 2012

January 2012 - spent a week at Xanadu for my first trip to Belize. The resort is so relaxing beginning with a wonderful staff, beautiful landscape of trees, perfect pool and a wonderful ocean view. I have never felt more relaxed and at peace. I begged my husband to stay another week! The staff arranged our tours will great guides. The vacation was for myself, my husband, son and his girlfriend. The two bedroom #8 was great. We loved the large covered deck with views of the pool and ocean. The location is perfect for walking to restaurants and downtown. I have some amazing sunrise pictures as the sun comes up facing the Xanadu dock. I fell in love with Ambergris Caye and will be back to visit it and Xanadu.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AikenWolf
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We were in San Pedro for 9 nights and stayed at Xanadu. The resort is lovely, the staff is outstanding, and the location is ideal! I could have stayed for another week!

Room Tip: We were in room #19, it was very private but does not have a beach view. If you're specifically looking for a view of the ocean you should mention it to the staff. We were very happy with our room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stayed for a week in early January. The resort is as described like so many other travelers – pristinely clean with super friendly staff (you’ll be on a first name basis with everyone within five minutes of arrival). During check in, Jamil made me feel like I was staying at a friend’s house: no signing lots of paperwork; instead, he and Ingrid welcomed me with a delicious rum punch! Beverly, the manager, was always accessible, very personable and is a genuinely kind person. The suite was spacious and nicely appointed. (My only wish was that there was comfortable seating. The dining chairs are like sitting on cement, and the living area sofa and chair cushions were so worn in that you felt like you were sinking down to the floor.) Having a kitchen made it extremely convenient for breakfast as well as keeping snacks and beverages on hand – fantastic asset if you don’t feeling like dining out for every meal. Some previous reviewers ding’d Xanadu for not really being a resort because it doesn’t have an on-site bar or restaurant, and I honestly don’t understand how they could feel that way. After all, you know this before you book, so why criticize? One of the brilliant services Xanadu provides is, believe it or not, drinking water! They pre-load a gallon jug in your fridge before you arrive, and then they will refill it as often as you’d like for US$1. This means no carting water from the market and paying twice the price. So convenient; I wish this idea would catch on elsewhere. The suite had a wrap-around porch, replete with a large dining table and its own hammock, which was divine.

The location was perfect for me. Close enough to everything, but far enough away to be a true retreat from my every-day life. Sitting at the end of the dock, taking in the sun and swimming is just what I needed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank JFsB
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Xanadu is very nice. Pool awesome. swimming off dock great. cleanliness great. Front desk staff very good at what they do. Trips arranged, go carts reserved, and reservations made for dinner, all extremely well done. Ingrid,Blanca,Jamil,Beverly,Debby,and Orlando, all great. Other staff nice and good. Corona Del Mar hotel, bar is called Woody wharf is great to see sports. Friendly bar staff including Jasmine. Tell her Don sent you. The bar is 5 minute walk towards town on the beach, blue and white color. setting up a super bowl party. I cannot tell people how much I love Xanadu, and the town of San Pedro. Everyone friendly. Cannot wait to get back.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a loft and the best beach view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple