My husband and I chose Belizean Shores as the location for our destination wedding. From the moment we arrived, the staff was extremely helpful. Since we were traveling with a big group, there was a miscommunication on which buildings we would be in. However, I credit this to staffing change that Sandy Points has recently gone through. Believe me when I say-the will go above and beyond to do ANYTHING they can to make your stay pleasant. The rooms were beautiful, clean, and can equipped with a full kitchen. The beds are very comfy too-I slept better there than at home. Lastly, since the resort is roughly 3 miles from San Pedro, it is extremely peaceful and laid back.
Tuff E Nuff has a water taxi that has scheduled runs and will take you to and from San Pedro. They sell a 5 day pass for $25 US, and believe me it will come in handy. We did rent a golf cart (which is the only means of motorized transportation on the island) but rarley used it. The drive into town on the golf cart is on a dirt road that is very rough. The drive takes about 30 minutes and you have to pay $5 US to cross the bridge. So, my advise is to rent a golf cart for a couple of hours or the day but you will not use it enough in a weeks time to get your money's worth.
The resort did an amazing job setting up my wedding to make my day stress free. Margie and Melody were the most helpful in coordinating exactly what I wanted. The staff at Belizean Shores and Sandy Points Resort really came together and made my ceremony and reception beautiful. And to top it all off, the food we incredible. My wedding went off without a hitch!
The employees at Tuff E Nuff were also very accomodating. We did the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins tour along with Ziplining and Cave Tubing. One small warning for this trip...you will spend 4-6 hours (depending on your travel choices) just getting to and from the Mayan Ruins. Nonetheless, this is so worth it. Our driver William and his brother drove us through Belize and gave us a history lesson on Belize. I was so surprised as to how much the know of their country. Our tour guide Eder at Xunantunich was also wonderful. He lives in the village not far from the Mayan site and knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Xunantunich. Our group split and half did cave tubing and the other's ziplined. I did the ziplining...and it was great. We found out they are working on a new run that will be 1200 feet and go over the river. Definately a must see. However, those that cave tubbed love it. The only downside is when the river is low, you tend to drag the bottom quite a bit.
If you do nothing else, make sure you to do a trip on the catamaran with William and Luis. We did a full day of reef fishing, snorkeling, and beach BBQ. I have never had such a great meal. They cooked the fish we caught that day, along with ceviche and potatoes. Not to mention all the Belikin beer and rum punch you can drink.
The spa services were great too. If nothing else, get a one hour Belizean Massage. They will set it up on the beach, in your room, or on your balcony. It is $50 US and worth every penny. I don't know if it was the ocean sounds or the breeze-but this was the best massage I every had.
1. If you plan on traveling to San Pedro by Water taxi, a cab from Belize International Airport to the Water Taxi (I recommend San Pedro Belize Express) is $30 US. The cabs do not have air conditioning and the drivers literally drive like a bat out of hell.
2. Buy booze in duty free when you arrive at Belize International Airport. You are allotted 4 bottles per person, and it is dirt cheap. DON'T BRING BOOZE FROM HOME-IT IS NOT WORTH THE TRAVEL!!!
3. If you take the water taxi - use a life jacket as a butt cushion (you will need it). Also, there is not bathroom on the water taxi's - so PB4U Go.
4. Read the signs when you use the restrooms in San Pedro. Alot of restaurants, stores, etc., ask you not to throw your toliet paper in the toliet due to the island water supply.
5. Speaking of water, drink bottled water while on the island.
6. Grocery Stores (this is when the golf cart comes in handy) are located in San Pedro. There are some larger stores that offer a huge selection; however, you really do not need to go all the way into San Pedro for groceries. We found a small mini-mart about 1 mile south. They sold produce, eggs, meats, cheese, soda, water, and of course beer.
7. Every morning a guy comes around the resort at about 8am with homemade breakfast burritos and tamales. They cost roughly $4 US an the are fresh (made daily) and are very tasty. But, so is the breakfast at the resort, so you really cannot go wrong.
8. US currency is accepted EVERYWHERE. Be prepared to receive your change in Belize Currency. No worries, Belize money is exactly half of US currency. i.e. $5 US is $10 BZ.
9. Some good restaurants to hit are the resort restaurant, O at Las Terrazas (next to Belizean Shores). In San Pedro, Elvi's Kitchen, Wild Mango, and Waraguma. Also, the street vendors have awesome food too and it's dirt cheap.
10. Fido's is located just north of the clock tower. It's a cool bar with live music most night, we had a lot of fun there.
I am so glad we chose Belizean Shores for our Wedding and vacation. Everyone had a wonderful time. Although you may find resorts and hotels that "look" nicer than Belizean Shores, they really will not compare. And to be honest, the pictures of the resort do not do it justice. The resort is more beautiful than what a picture can show. My husband and I plan on coming back to Ambergris for our one year anniversary and would not stay anywhere else on the entire island!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro