We chose Belize for diving - and we selected Changes in Latitudes solely because of the amazing reviews we read. This was our first experience in Belize, and with a bed & breakfast…so we were a bit nervous. CIL lived up to our expectations - and we would definitely stay there again.
IF YOU ARE A DIVER - THIS PLACE IS PERFECT!!! Belize Diving Adventures is no more than 20 feet away from the CIL entrance. We were very impressed with the dive staff there. We were even able to return to the dive shop/hotel during some of our dive intervals! BDA rinsed and stored (free of charge) our gear from day-to-day and had it ready on the boat for our next dives. We also took advantage of the complimentary vertical, vented storage locker CIL provided outside, in the courtyard, where we were able to hang/store our wetsuits and lock for safety. CIL had a hose/bucket next to the lockers to rinse gear; and allowed us to hang items on a clothes line and then hang in the locker. Additionally, CIL has an outside shower area for guests to use. .. great for showering in wetsuits.
CIL’s rooms are similar to dorm rooms...maybe 10'x12', with plenty of shelving/storage spaces. The room was clean, had A/C, and the bathroom had a spacious shower. The outside courtyard was very inviting for lounging - they even play relaxing Sirius Satellite Radio in the garden and the kitchen area! CIL has an arrangement with the Yacht Club next door for use of their pool. We were very welcome there and met a number of nice people.
Other reviewers have raved about the food – and they are right. Esther does a great job preparing fantastic breakfast options. Every morning included coffee/tea and a bowl of fruit, and juice. Then, a special treat was delivered for the main course. I liked Esther’s oatmeal pancakes with banana slices and caramel syrup the best!
Thanks to all the staff at CIL for making our experience so wonderful.
Suggestions for future visitors…
Bring bug spray!
For lunch/dinner, try the following: Blue Water Grill, Wild Mangos, Red Ginger Restaurant, and Fido’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Changes In Latitudes once only a small B&B has expanded!! Extending the same award winning service & reputation of the B&B to all our rooms. An excellent cooked breakfast is provided each am. Never having the same breakfast twice; one day local foods, the next sweet. Late afternoon guests gather under the flower-covered pagoda to sip drinks and swap snorkeling, diving and fishing tales. The place is hugely popular, so it's well worth your while to book as far in advance as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Changes In Latitudes Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Changes In Latitudes Hotel San Pedro
- Changes In Latitudes b&b
- Changes In Latitudes Bed And Breakfast Belize/San Pedro