All reviews monkey business restaurant el golf cart the staff was friendly and helpful ambergris caye beach chairs in town downtown san pedro sea grass explore the island great trip scuba diving full kitchen other resorts fish pools divino
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Not high end luxury, but if you are looking for a clean, safe place to stay, Banana fits the bill. Friendly staff, clean rooms. 2 nice small pools for relaxing. A very good Italian restaurant. Breakfast. Good bang for the buck. Plenty of hot water with good pressure. Not really a beach. But sand overlooking water.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Hotel staff were nice but not exceptional. We thoroughly enjoyed the wait staff in the restaurant. They were very friendly and fun to interact with. We chose the least expensive room because we did not need in room kitchen. We were not pleased. It was one large room with a bathroom. The sargassum seaweed was AWFUL! Other resorts on the Caye had staff remove it from the beach daily so the guests did not smell it but Banana Beach did not do that. The smell was NOXIOUS to the extent that I became sick. I would not recommend this property.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Sharon V
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Our "human services" team spent one great day and night at the Banana Beach Resort. The spacious rooms included a full kitchen, a comfortable king sized bed, and a beautiful balcony view of the beach! A large swimming pool was at the center of the courtyard. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our dinner at the restaurant was excellent and my scrimp alfredo was the best I've ever had. This place is very family friendly. I am definitely "One of the bunch" at Banana Beach Resort!

Room tip: They also offer a Golf Cart rental service!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I travelled to Ambergris Cage for my 11th time last week. I have stayed at several resorts in my visits, and at Banana Beach 3 times. I have been satisfied each time, and have recommended it to others. The difference this time was I brought my seven year old granddaughter along. I can't imagine any place that could have made her more comfortable and welcome!
The front desk girl greeted her each and every day with a smile and conversation. She even went out of her way to speak to her at breakfast and ask if she was having fun.
The lady who represents Monkey Business set up a visit to the mainland for us that went above and beyond what I hoped for. I recommend that trip to anyone with children. Wonderful experience.
Thank you Banana Beach for a great week, for making a little girl feel so welcome and safe! (Yes I noticed the constant security). She has great memories!

Room tip: Beach view or pool view are best, pool view may not be as quiet.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

It was relaxing and quiet. The restaurant El Divino was nice. My kids enjoyed the breakfast there. Great location. Very attentive staff. We needed an extra bed and they brought it right away. Overall a fun trip.

Date of stay: November 2017