We normally visit the smaller and quieter island Caye Caulker but decided to spend one of our two weeks in San Pedro. Searched for affordable hotels on Ambergris Caye and came across Banana Beach. Couldn't do much better for the price. Resort was right on beach with 2 swim pools to cool off or take a dip in the sea in front of resort. We had a sea view off our private balcony which was nice. Staff was very friendly and when we called maintence for a small issue they were there in a matter of minutes and resolved problem. Very pleased with staff. Some of the fixtures were dated and corroded from the salt air, but all in working condition.Banana Beach is about a mile(walking distance) to main part of town,where it is much busier, so it was nice to stay just outside town where it was much quietier. We stayed 5 nights in which they have specials, stay 3 get one free night with discount on additional night, which made this resort one of the best values on island. If we return to San Pedro we'll definately return to Banana Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The friendliest resort sitting on the powdery sand of Mar de Tumbo Beach just south of San Pedro Town on the Ambergris Caye of Belize, Banana Beach Resort has been a haven of fun, adventure, and relaxation for more than 10 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Banana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Banana Beach San Pedro
- Banana Beach Belize
- Banana Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro