I recently stayed here for two nights and would recommend this hotel. This is an older property and is although it is showing its age around the edges in places , the rooms are clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again - it's friendly, clean, and a bargain.
Pluses: Quote lovely grounds and beach - beautiful & lush green tree-filled grounds; The staff are very friendly and helpful and will arrange whatever you like, including wonderful snorkeling trips; Rooms are comfortable and have a/c; Nice, quiet area of town away from all the San Pedro tourist craziness and the airport; Use of free bikes to bike up & down the island makes everything easier and fun.
Minuses: Our bathroom was tiny - OK for two, but would be hard for an active family; No wi-fi in rooms, just office (even though it was advertised as having it); Airport pickup didn't go totally smoothly - you may have to call to remind them to pick you up at the airport - they forgot us, although being that they were only five minutes from airstrip away this was easily remedied.
Overall, this is a good bargain. Not a super-fancy resort hotel, but relaxed and a great location with a pretty beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has comfortable suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to two fresh water pools, the only Waterslide on the island and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro