9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$234
Hotels.com$234
Priceline$234
Travelocity$234
Trip.com$234
Etrip$242
1,830 results
All reviews pineapple dive shop purple parrot dive staff dive master ambergris caye golf cart blue hole thatched roof beachfront room in town great diving fish dive sites restaurant staff dive trip every morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2022

We just returned from a 6 night stay at Ramons. The property is lush with beautiful tropical vegetation and the rooms were very comfortable. The staff works around the clock to rake and haul away the sargassum so the beach is enjoyable. We saw so many other resorts with huge amounts of sargassum piled up on the beach but none at Ramons. The restaurant, Pineapples, is wonderful and we had many breakfasts, lunches, and dinners there. My daughter got her open water PADI certification at the on-site dive center (with Rolando, who is awesome). The crew and our excursions were a highlight...be sure to find Joshua (the manatee whisperer- haha) and Pete for your snorkeling adventures. They are both so knowledgeable about ocean life and made us feel well cared for...they were such fun! The hotel staff is there to take care of your every need, they are organized, responsive and do everything with a smile. Highly recommend Ramons!

1  Thank Mompp123
Ramon's Village Resort, Other at Ramon's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2022

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed the full experience Ramon's has to offer and so excited your daughter became PADI open water certified!! It brings us great joy anytime someone becomes scuba certified. Our staff from the dive shop to the front desk does a great job making our guest feel welcome. Please come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 June 2022 via mobile

Loved this place!!! It’s beautiful, right on the water. Offer snorkeling right off the dock. Staff were so accommodating, and kept us company having cocktails in the evening. Ashner and jack were the best. We even accidentally left our passports in the safe when we traveled to caye caulker and they transported them to the airport for us! Life savers.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at Ramon's Village! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and excursions with us! All of our staff is great and thank you for recognizing that. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2022 via mobile

My family spent one night at Ramon’s and came away very impressed. The resort is gorgeous with very nice rooms. I thought maybe I would miss not having a tv in the room but it wasn’t necessary. The staff exceeded our expectations. It is a short distance from the airport which makes it very convenient . While the rest of the shoreline had an awful odor due to the sargassum along the shoreline Ramon’s had a crew out on the beach shoveling it up and hauling it away. We were able to enjoy the beach. The on-site restaurant, Pineapples was exceptional. We had dinner which included appetizers, main course snd dessert. All four of us walked away full and content.
We will stay here on our next visit to the island.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at Ramon's Village! We take pride in keeping our beaches clean for our guest for our guest to enjoy, so thank you for acknowledging that. We are so glad you enjoyed your meal at Pineapples! Please come back and stay with us longer next time!!

Reviewed 31 May 2022

Ramon's is a lovely resort with many water activities to offer (at extra cost).

Nothing is included with your room stay, so be prepared to pay extra for everything. We switched rooms from a thatch roof to a roof roof after 1 night after a terrible prior experience - the roof roof was very nice, much less noisy and the A/C stayed inside better. The housekeeping only comes if you specifically ask, so make sure to put the sign requesting it on your door!

Unfortunately Belize (and the entire coast of SA) was covered in seagrass so the water was not swimmable and there was a terrible smell - not Ramon's fault, just a heads up.

I was also shocked to find out that there is no hard liquor sold anywhere on the premises - only beer and wine, which was surprising to me.

The restaurant food is good, not mind blowing but good.

My favorite part of Ramon's was the location - GREAT location, everything is walkable (or golf cartable).

Overall I'm not sure if I would stay there again if I went to San Pedro, but that's mainly because ya girl loves a Margarita!

Room tip: The rooms with a real ceiling (no thatch) are quieter and cooler
1  Thank kachmorechicks
Reviewed 25 May 2022

I booked this room for a family vacation based on many good reviews, I always do a decent amount of research before a trip. We flew into the San Pedro airport and the baggage guy offered to call Ramon’s to have us picked up. Two golf carts arrived within minutes and picked us and our luggage up and drove us to the resort, not far away at all! They were pleasant. Check in was uneventful, not super friendly but ok. We were taken to our room, a jungle hut, cute from the outside. Inside was dingy, musty and dark. I guess I thought we could get it aired out and fresh. No. My husband and I got immediate, intense and prolonged headaches due to the extreme mold and mildew smell. I went to the front desk and talked politely to multiple people until (I believe Jose) came up. He said there were no other rooms, there’s nothing he could do, I could wait a few hours to talk to the owner or manager. I told him this is a health hazard, he was a smart ass the whole time with a big grin, telling me I can take my daughter to a doctor if Im so concerned. I said I absolutely cannot stay there.

I told him I’d come back to talk to the owner, and call booking.com in the meantime. I did call booking.com and explained my health concern, since Jose gave the impression that no refund would be made for the prepaid 3 nights. I’m in a foreign country with a small child, in an unhealthy environment, don’t know where to go, feeling very stressed. While on the phone with booking.com, Jose comes to say he found another room, we can check it out. It seemed better, we moved our bags and went for a walk/dinner to clear our splitting headaches. Room wasn’t private, could hear the people next door and above us, other guests’ garbage around. When we returned, we realized the AC was causing a nasty mold smell in this one. But it’s late, we can’t move to another place now, and it’s not as bad as the first one. I tell Jose we will be leaving in the morning.

There are so many good reviews, so did we just get 2 unacceptable rooms? Unlikely. The rooms feel unclean, the pillow covers smell like someone else’s gross head, the blankets are the creepy 80’s motel ones that look and feel disgusting. I couldn’t wait to get out of there!!!

Pool was literally ice cold. Unswimmable, not a soul inside.

Restaurant has good food and service, friendly servers.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AnnaleeIrani

We are sorry you had this type of experience at Ramon's, management is working the issues you faced for a better experience in the future.