10 people are viewing this hotel
$191
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$191
Trip.com
$184
Hotels.com$191
Priceline$191
Travelocity$191
1,833 results
All reviews pineapple dive shop purple parrot dive staff dive master ambergris caye golf cart blue hole thatched roof beachfront room in town great diving fish dive sites restaurant staff dive trip every morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2022

This was a hidden gem to escape from the bustling little city of San Pedro. The grounds felt like you were walking into Jurassic Park… very cool! The staff were so accommodating and friendly!
I do have a few grievances though. One being that the wind was so bad for our 3 days there which brought up near 4 feet piles of seaweed. I know that’s nature and time of year and out of their control. But, they had guys cleaning the seaweed from morning to night. There are rakes and machines for that. Also, I know that the employees get good money to do that. But, it left the beach unusable because they guys were working from sun up to sun down, while a rake machine would have allowed people to actually enjoy their beautiful beach. We paid good money for beach and pool accommodations . Since we couldn’t use the beach, we headed to the pool where the water was extremely cold. No one could go in this beautiful pool because it was too cold. I’m from Minnesota and I know cold. Technology with solar heaters could help warm the pool enough for guests to actually be able to use it. So we had no outdoor water entertainment access.
Our room was a bit outdated and had more 80s furniture than needed. They had a huge entertainment shelving unit with a CD player… no CDs or TV. This gigantic shelving unit, along with 2 huge desks, took up space that could have made the room feel very spacious. But, we had a beautiful deck that faced the ocean! We spent our time on that deck! The view was incredible!

Room tip: Presidential Suite has a beautiful deck overlooking the ocean… actually, right on the ocean!
Date of stay: March 2022
Ramon's Village Resort, Other at Ramon's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2022

Thank you for staying with us at Ramon's Village. Love the Jurassic Park reference (that's a new one)! Our staff does a great job making our guest feel at home. We will take into the consideration your suggestions and thank you for those. Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2022 via mobile

Great week long scuba diving trip!
Things I wish I had known before I went:
1. The bar at the resort only has beer and wine, so you can bring your own alcohol from duty-free at the airport and drink by the pool.
2. Great and not expensive restaurant, with really nice staff, across the street from Ramon’s called Sammies. It has hotdogs barbecue and great sandwiches at very reasonable prices.
3. You can rent a golf cart for the week, day, or by the hour right at the resort.
4. If you get the package with free breakfast, your breakfast is good for $24.99. For example, one morning I got the fruit plate and asked for two biscuits on the side. They charged me for the extra biscuits- and didn’t say anything until after we ate and they brought me a bill. Not a huge deal, but strange.
5. AC is the name of a great dive master- I will specifically ask for him next time

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Ramon's Village! We appreciate the added info as well. Our breakfast plan includes any entrée with coffee and juice, any extra items ordered is an extra charge, sorry you were not informed of this before. We can't wait to have you back with us again!

Reviewed 7 April 2022

From the time the staff meets you on the dock til the time they drop you back off you are well takin care of, service and food -excellent,, The U.S. at the time is requiring a covid test to travel back and we were able to do that right on site, quick and easy.

I want to give a shout out to ,Jairo and Will, who took us out on a fishing trip and it was absolutely a blast !! ......They are very professional and spoke highly of working for Ramon's

Ramon's has it ALL Great staff ,restaurant ,Bar, pool, nice rooms, and location.
Over-all very organized and well thought out with the accommodations !

Date of stay: April 2022

Thank you so much for staying with us at Ramon's Village and this great review! Jairo and Will are top notch! Hopefully you were able to catch your dinner! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2022

I stayed at Ramon’s for a week with my non-diving wife with a local scuba diving group. Everything about Ramon’s was exceptional. We had a “jungle” room and it was just fine. It had a large shower, two queen beds and a nice porch with two comfortable chairs. Since we were about 75 yards away from the main buildings, Wi-Fi was at times spotty. The room did not have a TV in it but we never really missed it. The only downside is that Ramon’s is 1 block from the airport and Tropic Air’s 15 minute flights to and from the mainland are constant from early morning to late at night

The food at the onsite restaurant was outstanding. The staff at the restaurant and resort was exceptional.

The dive center was very convenient. Each diver had a large locker and Ramon’s dive boats were large and appeared to be quite new. The dive staff was also outstanding. After each dive, they changed out each diver’s tank. Dive briefings were very good and dive guides carefully watched their group although as a very experienced group, we didn’t need much tending. Many of us did an optional 3 tank trip to the “Great Blue Hole”. It was a rough 2 ½ hour boat ride (due to the wind) to get there but worth it. After the Blue Hole, you did a second dive at Half-moon caye. Then the boat docked at the caye pier and lunch was served. Everyone ate at picnic tables on shore and then did a walking tour of the island. The island had very nice restrooms.

Before we left, we did a day tour on our own in a rented golf cart saw all of the other resorts. We concluded Ramon’s is the best place to stay on Ambergris Caye. Will stay at Ramon’s in the future.

Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank Retired1811
Ramon's Village Resort, Other at Ramon's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2022

Thank you so much for staying with us at Ramon's Village and this great review! We are so excited you enjoyed your whole experience at Ramon's and was able to hop on a golf cart and explore the island. We have to agree Ramon's is one of a kind on Ambergris Caye, but none of it would be possible without great guests like yourself! We can't wait to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2022

I spent my 50th birthday week at Ramon's and had an amazing experience. I was supposed to travel with a friend, but she got covid shortly before the trip and couldn't go. So - I was solo. The staff at Ramon's took such good care of me. Everyone was so nice and friendly and made me feel at home. I did a bunch of the excursions and worked on my scuba certificate. I went in early Jan 2022 and now cannot remember everyone's name, but Adolfo was a terrific scuba instructor and the people at the front desk were amazing. They helped me get dinner reservations, learned my name from the beginning and just generally made me feel welcome. Highlights: yoga on the pier, daytrip to Caye Caulker, the spicy salsa with breakfast, the lush landscaping and vibes at Ramon's, and all the wonderful people. Highly recommend.
One other thing: San Pedro does not have what I would consider a great beach. At Ramon's they have a super cool pier that I loved diving from and swimming. There is good snorkeling right under the pier - I even saw a dolphin. I also enjoyed kayaking in front of the property. However, if you need a natural beach with lots of sand and dunes, Ambergris Caye is not for you.

Room tip: beachfront king has terrific balcony. Upstairs rooms bigger.
Date of stay: January 2022
Ramon's Village Resort, Other at Ramon's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2022

Thank you for the wonderful review! We were so glad you were able to spend your 50th birthday with us at Ramon's and would love to have you back for your 51st too!! Adolfo is part of a long lineage of dive instructors and we agree he does a great job. We thank you again for allowing us the pleasure of accommodate you.