1,081 results
All reviews beachfront casita our honeymoon jade spa view suite gaia riverlodge water taxi ambergris caye fish paddle boats coconut mojito mosquito netting sea breeze minute boat ride turn down service shark ray alley snorkeling gear thatched roof
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice get away. Don't get turned off by having to take the boat. Nice scenic ride, only approx 10 mins from town. Nice quiet resort away from the noise of town. Great staff, great grounds, nice pool. Will return

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darryl C
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Matachica for our honeymoon and were blown away at how easy it was to enjoy our experience!

The staff did everything they could to make our trip one of a kind. Coordinating activities, dinners, and drinks by the pool were a breeze.

If you happen to stay at the bar one night, be sure to have Adam show you the blind folded bar puzzle or ask Gilly to tell a joke. All wait staff knew us on a first name basis and were fantastic.

Do yourself a favor and see what it’s all about, or don’t since we would like to keep this place a secret!

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank FlipNKelley2018
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Went there a while ago and I can say with certainty that I miss it A LOT! That place was amazing, wow! That strawberry milkshake is absolutely to die for! If I could drink it for breakfast every day I would...

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank emily s
Reviewed 12 October 2018

We spent 4 nights here and wish we could have stayed longer. There were a few hiccups because they were remodeling, but the staff and owner took care of everything for us. The rooms are just lovely, and the staff is just about perfect. The food at the restaurant is great, and you can rent a golf cart for a reasonable price if you want to go elsewhere. They took great care of us from the moment we arrived at the airport. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Courtney M
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

I booked a trip to Matachica for my husband’s 40th birthday and it was fantastic. I did a lot of reading and researching before I decided to book this, so that I knew what the experience would be like. If you are like me, you read every review. I felt slightly concerned that we were going during the “green” season and that it might storm every day. That was not the case at all. It did storm at night, but usually we woke up to beautiful, breezy sunny days. Don’t let it detour you from going in the off season. It was quiet and a better price. When we flew over to San Pedro, on Tropic Air, we were the only 2 on the plane. What a gorgeous flight! We were picked up by golf cart, and then a fun boat ride to the resort. Again just the 2 of us on the boat. We felt like celebrities arriving, with them handing us our drink of choice. Do try the coconut mojitos while you are there. They are delicious! The staff was all super nice. Not overly “fake” friendly, just calm, relaxed and accommodating. They showed us to our room and around the resort, all with our drink in hand. Our luggage was at our beautiful casita, when we arrived. We chose a reef view suite and felt it was perfect. There was protection from the wind and you still had a little view of the water.
Yes, there is seaweed. We were not surprised by that and knew exactly what it would be like. What I will say, is that I’ve never seen such hard working guys, tirelessly working around the clock to rake and wheel barrow it away. Their are other resorts and even places in San Pedro town, where they let it pile up more. They try very hard to make it the best experience for you. They are always cleaning and raking the sand, even the leaves that fall in between the casitas. The pods on the dock are very relaxing to lay on and also the pool and hot tub are beautiful and peaceful. Birds in the trees and iguanas everywhere. I loved the bohemian boutique feel of this resort! Many people who have looked at our pictures, have asked if there was anyone else at the resort. There was....it was just nice to not see many of them. It was private and romantic. We felt many times that we were by ourselves!
We snorkeled 3 times and they were all different but amazing experiences. Hol Chan and shark ray alley, Mexico Rocks with an outside tour company through the resort, and one day we kayaked out to the reef. The water is like an aquarium, beautiful clear water and teeming with sea life. Don’t miss these. Some of the best snorkeling we’ve ever done! We also rented a golf cart and went to Secret Beach. Super fun and not too far away. Blue Bayou is the place to go there for lunch and drinks. Clear water, picnic tables in the water, relaxing but fun too.
We also got a a couples massage on my husband’s birthday. It was wonderful! Those ladies have strong hands! Their spa has a very nice ambiance.
The food at Mambo was really good, not amazing. It was beautifully presented and the staff was awesome. The drinks were a little pricier than in the U.S. but very good.
They do have a complimentary resort boat that goes back and forth into town, with a slightly different schedule each day. 4:30 was usually the last time each day to go into town. 2 times we took the last boat of the day. Once we ate at Hidden Treasure. Delicious food, wonderful atmosphere. We also did a Belize food tour. So much fun to stop at 7 local restaurants and eat and drink authentic Belizean food!
Overall, a wonderful and unbelizeable vacation! I think his birthday was memorable and special. I highly recommend the resort!

Date of stay: August 2018