This resort looks like the nicest place on the island. The resort is very well kept. The beach area is absolutely beautiful and they work very hard to keep it that way. Our Plantation room was very clean and nice. All the buildings, landscaping, pools, beach were in top notch shape. There are a variety of buildings which gives the place real character. The employees work really hard to please the guests and they are really friendly. The light breakfast that is included in the room price was very nice with juice, coffee/tea, fruit and toast or muffins. The food in the bar was also good. We ate in town most evenings, but we we had a few lunches and a dinner or two in the bar. We ate at Hidden Treasure one evening. It had a nice atmosphere and the food was good. The owner will come and pick you up. It is just a few minutes from the hotel. The guys at the Victoria House dive/snorkel shop were very helpful. We snorkeled several places. We took a 1/2 day catamaran tour one day with El Gato Tours. It was just us and one other couple from the hotel. The two guys who ran the boat were really nice and the one guy snorkled with us to make sure we saw the good sights of the reefs and the best places to see all the fish.
Do take your Deet with you. I was covered with either mosquito or sand flea bites and I saw so many people at the resort who had their legs covered with bites.
Easy to walk to town, ride bikes or rent a golf cart. Taxi ride is US $5.
The only negatives were that you really couldn't swim in front of the resort due to all the sea grass growing. But, there are two beautiful pools. Also, we would have enjoyed having a TV in our room. Granted we weren't in the room much, but we enjoy a TV late at night and early in the morning. Nothing to do with the Victoria House, but there was alot of trash on the beach on the private property on both sides of the resort that the owners don't clean up. There is also quite a bit of trash on private property as you walk to town. It is really nasty.
Wonderful small resort. Truly enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and Trip Advisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro