All reviewsdive shopgolf cartbelize pro dive centerambergris cayefull kitchensea grassin townevery morningocean frontsecond bedroomon site restaurantmaster bathliving roomswim up bargrocery storelovely poolnice place to stay
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We have tried repeatedly to book our stay for 2018 but have had no response from the reservation department. We have been guests since 2006 so find this very disturbing. Other repeat guests have expressed the same response from the resort. We have supported many charities in San Pedro, as have other guests receiving the same treatment. Disappointed in the new management and reservation department.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank dankat
BBay_GColony, Director of Sales at Banyan Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

On the behalf of San Pedro and it’s local people we want to extend a warm felt thanks for all the support you have given to the charities. It’s very much appreciated however to clarify your review please be advised that for any direct or especially return guest we have not turned down any reservations. We always welcome back our repeat guest as part of our own Banyan Bay family. I strongly recommend that you reach out to us direct one more time to reconfirm your intended travel dates.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We stayed at Banyon Bay for a few days this past week and absolutely loved it. The staff is friendly and the suite was wonderful. Two full bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a fully equipped kitchen. There is a market around the corner so you can get supplies for breakfast or lunch or take advantage of the free breakfast for two. The grounds are immaculate, the pool is spotless, and they have a wonderful restaurant and beachside bar. We are definitely coming back and will only stay at canyon Bay Suites. It is located south of the town of San Pedro and is quiet. We rented a golf cart and used to to get around. It was just a few minutes ride into the center of everything.

Room Tip: Very private and quiet location with gorgeous grounds.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
BBay_GColony, Director of Sales at Banyan Bay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

We most definitely are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Thanks for sharing your review with us. Golfcart is a great way to explore the island. See you next time.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed here with our 2 kids (11 and 13) and then 6 of our friends and we had an amazing time!! the grounds are beautiful, the restaurant was very good, the bar (with Rico as bartender) was awesome, and our room was excellent - clean and comfortable.

to start, our room was perfect - overlooked the water (room G3), had 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths, a full kitchen and living room. plenty of space for all of our dive gear and empty luggage. the AC worked awesome (actually got too cold some nights). the beds were comfortable and the shower was plenty hot with nice water pressure. it was super clean and we never had any problem with mold/mildew, weird smells or bugs.

the Restaurant on site - 366 - was excellent - but I won't review that here. you can read my review on that on their actual site.

the staff was simply amazing. everyone was always helpful and full of smiles. the grounds keepers would wave and say hello as they walked by. one day, they climbed the coconut trees, cut off the tops of the coconuts, put straws in them and started handing them out to all the kids. the front desk staff was very helpful with ideas for food, making reservations and then hooked us up with a Belize Zoo and cave tubing tour that was the best ever!! please read the reviews for Belize Tour and book with them. Finally, our bartender most of the time we were there was Rico. I don't care what you do, make sure to stop by and have a drink with Rico. this guy is AWESOME!! makes great drinks, is SUPER friendly and even played Jenga with my oldest daughter!!! Rico, if you read this, thank you for everything and I hope you are doing well! I'm telling ya, this guy knows his stuff. go have a drink with him!

all in all, we had an unbelievable trip and stay here at Banyan Bay. normally after a 7 day trip I'm ready to get home. and yeah, I missed my pillow and my own bed, but this time, none of my family wanted to go home. we could have stayed there forever.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

WOW!!! Such a great and detailed review, thanks. You could not have summed it up better. Rico says thanks for the mention, he will be here for your next visit waiting on for another game of Jenga. One the behalf of all our staff, we want to say thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are definitely looking forward to welcoming once more.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We selected this place for several reasons. The suite was big enough for our family of 5. The two full baths were a plus. The kitchen allowed us to prepare breakfast every morning so we could save time and venture out. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We also liked that it was close proximity to town. I do recommend renting a golf cart though. The pool and grounds are well kept. If you are looking for luxury then this place is not for you. The units are a little dated. The beds are not very comfortable and our TV did not have the best reception. However, we definitely would go back since we felt it was well worth the value which allowed us to spend money for excursions, etc.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for sharing your review with us Sari C. Our suites are all fully equipped and our location is within close distance to town and other main attractions.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The location of the hotel in San Pedro was very good. Not in the center of town but not too far out either. It was a nice quiet location.

As mentioned in other reviews this hotel is in bad need of updating. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa (H2). The villa is very spacious and perfect for traveling with family. And the view couldn't be better (see photo). However, the furniture in our living area was covered in mildew (see photo). It didn't smell bad just had mildew all over all the fabric pieces. The master bathroom is very large but the stand up shower is not. In fact it is tiny. I am an average sized woman and barely had enough room to shave my legs. Also there is no ledge or seat to put your toiletries on. There was a tiny plastic shower hanger but it was of little use.

I was also a little disappointed that there was not a swim up bar. They do have a beach bar but it is not connected to the pool. The bartender and drinks at the bar were great.

We ate one time at the seaside restaurant. The food was really bland which was a stark contrast to most of the food we had in Belize. Also, the female waitress was not friendly at all. We asked to sit at another table that was in the shade and she told us it was "reserved". We were the ONLY people on the deck the entire time we ate. We never saw anyone sit at the "reserved" table.

The best part of our stay at Banyan Bay was the massages in their "spa". Keep in mind a spa in Belize is not like a spa in the US. However, it was a very nice, relaxing, air conditioned room. My massage therapist Avya (not sure of spelling) was excellent. I wish I could have brought her back to the states with me.

Overall I would say this hotel is a decent value. You just need to keep your expectations realistic. This is a solid 3 star resort.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms have great views
1  Thank Carmen C

CraverFamily, we are sorry to hear that your trip was not what you expected. We have relayed your concerns and they have been addressed accordingly. Alba, from the spa is happy to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your massage. We hope to welcome you soon so you can experience our newly renovated suites.