“Exceptional Times, Exceptional Tides!”
Review of Grumpy & Happy

Grumpy & Happy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Offer PRIVATE TOURS. Just your group alone with your own private guide. PRIVATE snorkel Tours to Hol Chan Marine Reserve. PRIVATE TOURS to Mayan Ruins, Cave tubing, Zip Line, Horseback Riding and other adventures.This company never mixes groups. Those with Special needs are welcome. The experience of having your own private guides cannot be underestimated. Conversation is easy and fun and relaxing from the start. Also Lorne and Jolene can cater totally to what you would like to do without compromise for others. Grumpy and Happy is a licensed tour operator registered with the Belize tourism Board.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceptional Times, Exceptional Tides!”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Hi all, i am a very new snorkeler, and traveler at that. I arrived in San Pedro with rain and harsh winds, but was so excited to be on vacation it didn't matter. Two days later I went on my first snorkel expedition with Happy and Grumpy as my guides; it could not have gone better. The first day we went out to the reef and got to experience many fish, rays and turtles. Happy and Grumpy's enthusiasm about even the smallest creatures gave me a great gauge on how appreciative and thankful they were about their job. They also exhibited a great level of respect for the ocean and it's surroundings which I admire deeply. While snorkeling the Hol Chan Marine Reserve we had the privilege of being able to snorkel after a boat of local fisherman had emptied their fish guts to all the fish and rays, there were several other boats of snorkelers present, and it really bothered me the amount of lackluster attention these other guides were advising their swimmers to proceed with. I hate to speak ill of other people, but if people don't respect the reef, it's beauty won't be there in the years to come, and i was genuinely spellbound by the experience, everyone should be able to have that opportunity. I have severe bouts of anxiety, and Happy and Grumpy appeased my stresses completely. It was awesome to have Loren talk to my grandpa about the possibility of my handicapped cousin being able to snorkel, such an amazing feeling. We even got to meet their adorable son, who was so very polite and articulate, which in my opinion reflects the personalities of parents. Two great people, Loren and Jolene, (and Daniel!) I really cannot emphasize more who could benefit from an outing with them, whether you be beginner or advanced, enjoy the sea and enjoy the adventure! Enjoy it with Happy and Grumpy!

2 Thank Stella B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Washington, DC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Private Snorkeling Trip”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My 5 friends and I just returned from an incredible trip to Belize. We essentially hung out and relaxed the entire time. The last full day of our vacation was the best. We took a day trip with Lorne and Jolene and had the most incredible time. Not only is the boat clean and nice, but this couple is just wonderful. They clearly know and respect the area, but they were also extremely friendly. It felt like we had known them for a long time. One of my friends was scared to get in the water at Shark Ray Alley and Lorne was great with her...I looked up a few minutes later and she was in the water having a great time. We also did the trip to Caye Caulker (which I highly recommend) and had a delicious lunch (one of the two best during our trip). Unfortunately one of my friends had an allergic reaction from her lunch (no fault of Lorne or Jolene) and they were excellent with her...Jolene was like a mom to her :-) All in all the trip was wonderful...we felt safe and relaxed. We saw tons of fish, conch, sharks, sting rays, turtles and dolphins...I can't recommend them enough! Thanks Lorne & Jolene!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank neeks2vt
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect Snorkel Trip-it can't get any better than this!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Jolene and Lorne provided us with our best snorkel trips ever. We have
snorkelled some of the best warm water destinations in the world and we
have never before experienced such a helpful, classy and friendly
snorkel team. Our future plans include going back to San Pedro, Belize
and heading out with Grumpy and Happy several times to the reef sites
they know (and they seem to know them all). They deliver you to pristine
sites before the crowded snorkel boats arrive.
The most significant thing they do is help you snorkel no matter how
young, old, special, or inexperienced you are. On our trip my husband
got to snorkel in a perfect spot holding to a rope floating off the
stern (he has a bad back); Lorne took my sister, who is inexperienced in
the water, by the hand and he explored the reef with her. This made her
feel completely safe, and doubled her enjoyment of the reef and its
beauty. Jolene took two of us who have lots of experience to a more
adventurous location. Her knowledge of the reef and its creatures is
remarkable, and she willingly shares it.
Jolene cleans your mask and helps with your fins. (H & G provide quality
equipment for free if you don't have your own.) We had an Unbelizeable
two trips and wish we had booked more. Importantly, for sceptical
shoppers, their website is accurate and truthful.
Thanks for the great snorkels, Jolene and Lorne!

3 Thank 356Jenelle
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A private tour that exceeded all of our expectations!”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Lorne and Jolene were great....They handled us with great care: Our group consisted of an Octogenerian (Mom is 88), a sharkaphobe city girl (mental girlfriend), and a fat law student (me). Believe me, they were patient! On the more serious side, Grumpy and Happy picked us up on time at our condo pier, were friendly and professional throughout, were extremely knowledgeable about Shark Ray Alley (Lorne knows this ray named Stubby who immediately swam up to him to give him a ray-hug) and Hol Chan and gave us great snacks (particularly the oats and honey granola bars). The fish, coral, and huge sharks, turtles and other sea critters were amazing. Definitely take a snorkel trip with G & H -- its worth every penny and every second! This is the company to hire, especially if some of your crew has doubts of any kind.

1 Thank NIck D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Experience”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We went out on half day fishing trip with Grumpy and Happy. Great experience. The guides were knowledgeable and friendly. We must have caught 60-70 fish. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2011