“Casita Buena Vista”
ocean right in front
Outside, driveway
our beach
perfect swimming conditions
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
logan4321
austin, tx
“Dont stay here worst vacation ever owner screamed at us several times once for using the ac”
Reviewed 22 February 2013 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

Eldon was great but other than that the place was terrible

We had no privacy the owner was in and out of out room while we were gone
We got screamed at for using the ac and accused of turning it down to low we didnt touch it after he turned it on he came into out room with no shirt and in a towel and screamed at us and that was not the only time he screamed at us
he had a repair guy put in a new dish washer while we were in the room the guy had to go to town for several hours to find the right parts and come back after he was finshed water started running out from under the cabinets
he shouldnt have rented the place to us isf he wanted to renovated the room
i mopped up lots of water with the towels in the room
the water was the last straw in a terrible visit between the screaming from the owner, the renovations and the water we left 3 days early
we asked for the three days money back since we could stay in the room due to the water and the screaming but didnt get it
we couldnt take any more and i wouldnt recommend anyone else to go there either
the wifi only worked if you sat in front of the kitchen window and no where else
you only have a very small very of the beach

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: Getting screamed at by the owner in our room in a towel and no shirt
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
22 Feb 2013
After arrival, the two men had realized that they had booked further away from SNUBA. They had booked SNUBA every day, all week and did not like to make the 20 min. golf cart trip every day.
So they tried to get out of the lease with money back to move to a resort close to SNUBA. Following they broke and destroy: window blinds, remote controls, kitchen faucet . . . . The AC was running full with ALL windows wide open, all day and night . . . . and finally they even flooded the entire place with water; purposely !!! After WE (not them) mopped the floor, no leak was found.

As a US licensed building contractor I am very qualified to make most repairs on my own and to have the experience to sense when things are broken on purpose (e.g. when you open a broken remote and there is water in there).

Yes, I might have lost my patience with such a disgusting scam !
Phoenixville, PA USA
Reviewed 28 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

NC
Reviewed 30 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
USA
Reviewed 16 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
mologo
Welland, Ontario
“Cant wait to get back there....”
Reviewed 5 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

What can I say. Beautiful well maintained property on one of the most beautiful islands I have ever seen. Comfortable, very well equipped. The most beautiful new walk in shower ever. Windows high above feels like youre showering in the jungle. Air conditioner in bedroom and kitchen/living room was always cool enough inside even when it was 90 outside (which was everyday).
Wolfgang is a fabulous host. Anything you need he is happy to oblige. It feels more like staying with a friend. He is there when you need him and never there when you dont. Marta the housekeeper is a wonderful, warm and friendly person who even did our personal laundry and was sure to ask everyday if there was anything we needed. Eldon the groundskeeper was a very nice guy and would get you anything you asked for. Be sure to ask him for fresh coconut water everyday!
A few things to note...
Wifi was not strong enough in the Casita to power a phone or ipad. Laptops apparently do better. We were able to get Wifi on some areas of the beach in front of the main house. There are coffee shops with Wifi as well. Wolfgang also made it clear that we could sit and surf on his veranda anytime.
If you are looking for crystal clear sandy beaches this is not the place for you. There is seagrass to walk through but let me tell you that the water there is so warm and so full of beautiful sea life that it doesnt take long to ignore a litte grass. Snorkelling right at the house was undescribable. At any given moment just walk in and see starfish, eel, lobster, hermit crabs, nurse shark and many gorgeous tropical fish.
The Casa is actually directly behind the main Casa. Not a big deal but I didnt realize that until we arrived, For some reason in the ad I imagined it to be beside. No big deal.

My husband and I can not wait to go back to Belize and stay with Wolfgang again. We plan to bring our children next time and rent the Casa. I was able to view this house as well and it was equally as beautiful and accomodating. I loved it.. so simple, so beautiful, so relaxing.
PS if you like watching TV There is an awesome flat screen in the living room and in the bedroom. Wolfgang has about 5-6 satalite dished across the roadway and you will be privi to about 700000 channels. lol My hubby was very happy.
One of the best features of our stay was the resident canine Cookie. What a creature. The most kind, loyal beautiful animal. He slept in our casita on the floor by our bed when he had his sleepovers. This was entirely by our choice and he is absolutely lovely! When I would take the golf cart into town at night Cookie would jump in the back and take watch for me all the way and sit patietnly in the cart as I made my stops. I really did want to bring him home with us. NOTE: Do not worry if you think hmmm a dog in the house??? Cookie is the most well behaved, respectable dog ever. He does not linger around he is there if you want to spend time with him and laying nicely under a palm somewhere if you don't. He never ever entered our home uninvted. We are dog lovers so we made him very much a part of our stay.
The location of the Casita is also excellent. 2-3 minute ride to town. Close enough and far enough all at the same time! Neighbourhood watch is posted all the time and I always felt safe to go anywhere, anytime.

I can't actually say enough about Wolfgang, his staff, his property and Belize itself.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and Host
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing