This place is o.k. at best but generally I'd describe it as run-down and in need of cleaning and repairs.
1. Bathroom has significant grout missing between floor tiles, mold in shower stall, cracked tiles, sloppy patching, cracked toilet bowl, worn ugly sink counter/cabinetry, and it smells bad.
2. Dishwasher never cleaned the dishes adequately and so we ended up doing them by hand to ensure they were clean.
3. Rust stains on floor tiles.
4. Venetian blinds throughout rental had broken and missing slats. Many of them couldn't be raised evenly and so were often hanging on an angle.
5. Two windows could never be raised, even after bringing it to the owner's attention.
6. One blind broke in half when we tried to simply raise it. Another one fell out in one piece when we tried to raise the slats.
7. Vertical blinds at sliding glass door wouldn't open or close - just stationary
8. Freezer had a lot of rust in it.
9. Ice machine didn't work and when brought to attention of owner, no effort was made to repair it.
10. Disposal didn't work when we first arrived. Brought it to owner's attention and it was repaired.
11. Bedroom had windows on 3 sides. Looking out the windows on two of those sides resulted in a view of major construction debris - cinder blocks, old plywood, blue tarp covering something, wheelbarrow....
12. The owner has said that he inspects the property each time the housekeeper has cleaned it. Not true. We were often en suite and he didn't come to inspect. If he did, he should have had the housekeeper clean off the cabinet near the dishwasher that she continually missed - some kind of white substance all over it. I cleaned most of it off myself after 1.5 weeks. Likewise, she shorted us on either wash cloths or towels several times.
12. Contrary to what the advertising for this property states:
a) There was no cold water dispenser unless you want to call the regular tap that.
b) There was no hair dryer.
c) Ice maker didn't work.
d) No restaurant guide unless you count the odds and ends business cards and restaurant flyers stacked there.
e) The washer and dryer were locked up except for the housekeeper's use on the days she was there, so they're not freely available for guest use. I was allowed to use them once in an emergency, but the groundsman had to set them and turn them on for me. I wasn't allowed to touch it.
f) There was no tub in this bathroom. Just a shower stall.
g) There was no DVD player. How were we going to use his "video library?"
h) The owner really pads the outside amenities, listing "barbeque," "Outdoor Grill," and "Outdoor Grill Charcoal." Also states he doesn't provide charcoal for the grill, so it seems like he's listing a grill 3 times. The "patio" was a slab of concrete outside the sliding glass door - about 4' x 6'. The "Lanai" was even smaller and was not adequately screened, though this is something that was re-screened for 3 days during our stay - most of the day - giving us little peace and quiet for those days.
i) One airplane travel size shampoo was provided for our 2.5 week stay. Same size for shower gel, and a 1/4- full 8 oz. liquid soap dispenser. Bought more of our own
j) Garden? Deck Wood? No idea.
k) Garage? We didn't need this, but we never saw one. There was a utility/supply shed that might have once been a garage..... but it seemed awfully small to fit a car in.
My point in all this is that the property wasn't entirely what the owner advertised. The property looks good in the pictures and description, but there are no close-ups to show the real condition of the place. At the price the owner's charging, this property doesn't stack up.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
This place is very special. Impeccably maintained. The best beach and privatte snorkeling reef right out front. Better than the luxury hotels. Wolfgang, the owner, points out the best local restaurants and gives a private tour on the first day. Very helpful. Felt very safe and secure at this wonderful place! We'll be back.
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
Casita Buena Vista was the perfect place to stay in San Pedro, Belize.
The home itself is located just a couple of minutes outside of the town center, which made it quiet and secluded.
The home is beautiful, clean, comfortable, and very private. We had everything that we needed, and in case we needed anything else, Wolfgang and his staff were always available.
The private beach is gorgeous, with all of the water toys that you can think of at your disposal. The private dock was very convenient for our water activities. Each day we got picked up and dropped off for our snorkeling, diving, and fishing trips just feet from our front door! We enjoyed walking along the beach and viewing all of the beautiful homes that dot the coast line.
Wolfgang was the best host that we could have hoped for. He picked us up at the airport and gave us a brief tour of the island, stopping to show us the best places for food and entertainment. His staff kept the property clean and comfortable, and even prepared coconuts and other goodies for us to enjoy!
Every aspect of this trip was a dream come true. I would recommend it to ANYONE without hesitation.
Thank you, Wolfgang, for being such a great host! We can't wait to return!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||People with pets|