“First class resort with outstanding location and staff”

Las Terrazas Resort
Ranked #10 of 55 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We recently stayed 5 night at this beautiful resort. I spend a far amount of time researching the best place to stay for our personal vacation. My husband spends quite a bit time traveling all over the world for business so I want our personal vacation to be memorable. Last year we stayed at the St Regis in Kauai, prior to that Caneel Bay, St Johns and Ritz Carlton, St Thomas, etc. He was thrilled with my choice of this outstanding place to relax and enjoy the island life with luxurious amenities. I did book the package (with Lorraine, reservations) including transfers from the main airport in Belize. Our flight arrived early from the states and Tropic Air put us on an earlier flight to San Pedro. Las Terrazas was on top of things and picked us up (even though we were an hour early) put us in their boat for transport to the resort. Not a minute was lost. Upon arriving at the resort, staff was on the dock to take our luggage to our Seahouse (a waterfront accommodation) while we checked in. Everything was handled for us and information explained to us about the property and amenities at check in. The Seahouse had magnificent water views as the downstairs has all glass sliding doors. Everything was exactly as shown in the picture beautifully decorated and accessorized. The beach area was meticulously maintained each day (some resorts are not). The resort provides areas of shade under it's canopied lounges or palm trees which I found unique to this resort. The staff was extremely friendly and would go out of their way to offer suggestions to make your stay great. It is not often you encounter such warm and personalized service. The food was excellent and they offered it poolside, restaurant or as room service. I did book the chefs special dinner in our package which was an outstanding surprise. I meet with the chef to tell him our food preferences in advance.He created a delicious 4 course dinner for us. It's presentation was out of a magazine and the ingredients were always the freshest. There was NOT one disappointment during our stay. The day before our departure they had a packet ready for me with departure times, flight info, and bill. This was a time saver for me. All in all, it was money well spent and most importantly time well spent. Belize is a beautiful country with beautiful people.

Room Tip: The seahouses are worth the money but all the room seemed to have private outdoor space and similar...
8  Thank PatFSS
LasTerrazasTeam, Director of Sales at Las Terrazas Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

We appreciate that you took the time to provide your positive experience with Las Terrazas Resort on Trip Advisor ... and additionally, with all of the locations to choose from while visiting Ambergris Caye, you selected Las Terrazas. Many of our guests also have great things to say about our staff and our Chef; all of which we pass on to them. The private dinner on the beach is a popular addition to a reservation and as you mentioned, is executed extremely well. We do hope you select Las Terrazas again for a future trip and if so, please contact me personally for assistance.

Regards,

Carolyn Stone
Director of Sales
Las Terrazas Resort

Reviewed 6 September 2012

My wife and I along with another couple just stayed in this resort about 10 days ago and we didn't want to leave!!! Las Terrazas employees were very attentive to our every need and we loved the peaceful nature of our surroundings. The pool is absolutely amazing and we had nothing but positive experiences during our entire trip. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who enjoys relaxing by the pool and is looking for a place that makes you feel very welcome. While we had to stay a few extra days because of a hurricane disrupting our flights, the staff made every effort to assist us in altering our travel plans. This is definitely a great vacation spot!!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We just returned from Las Terrazas where we held our wedding with 35 of our friends and family. This review may get long, so let me just start by saying that if you are considering Las Terrazas for your destination wedding, BOOK IT! The planning process was very easy thanks to Carolyn Stone. She is located in Houston so I could call her or send her a quick email if I needed anything. She is wonderful and was always so quick to respond. Lorraine in reservations is also in the U.S. and easy to get in touch with. She was so great at getting the rooms situated for all of our guests. Many wanted to share rooms and split bills, and she worked all of that out on the front end for everyone.

We booked the wedding site unseen, and we could not have been happier when our water taxi pulled up to the resort. It is just as beautiful in person as it is in pictures. The beach, the pool, the rooms, they were all so pretty! We held our welcome party on the rooftop of O restaurant. Patrick, the chef at O, is very talented. We are both foodies and were worried that the food might be like your typical so-so resort food. We were so happy that the food was amazing! All of our guests commented on how good it was. Getting around the island was actually really easy with a large group. We used Dave’s water taxi service and were very pleased. We would tell the front desk what time we wanted to be picked up and Dave was always prompt. It was only $10 per person round trip, so we used him several times to go into town to shop and eat.

The day of the wedding was so relaxing for me. I didn’t have to do a thing but go get ready. The staff was on top of everything! It was pretty windy that day, and we had planned to have dinner on the beach under an open air tirzah. Dave, the resort manager, suggested we change to a tent to block the wind. We agreed, and it worked out even better! It was like we had a dining room to eat easily and hear the toasts. Then we could step out in the breeze to dance! It was perfect!!

We really could not have been happier with Las Terrazas. The ease of planning, the staff, the setting, the food, the music – it was all so wonderful. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions about using Las Terrazas for your wedding. I seriously can’t say enough wonderful things!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We just returned from a 6 day stay at Las Terrazas and couldn't have been more impressed. We had a Garden room that faced the pool, two bedroom, two bath, full kitchen, granite counters, travertine floors, nice furniture, immaculately kept and everything was in perfect working order. Sometimes online pictures can be deceptive, but this is one property that matched the description. The grounds are maintained daily. The resort has a nice beach with paddle boards, kayaks, and a hobie cat that guests can take out anytime. Super confident is the right next door dive shop to arrange and leave from their dock for diving and snorkeling trips. Also next door is a great restaurant called Rendevoux with a fresh menu cooked up by owner/chef Colleen. We opted to rent a golf cart for the week, but the ride is so bumpy on the dirt road that we would probably opt to use water taxis next time. We really didn't need to have the cart, but it was just the two of us. The hotel is a little ways from town and the buzz of nightlife, but that was exactly what we wanted. For us not having kids, the best part was there were no kids staying at the hotel which is rare and we loved it. Great food, great drinks, clean, super nice staff, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I'm really surprised by the positive reviews of this resort. We spent half our time at Victoria House and then the remaining half at Las Terrazas which was a disappointing end to our trip. Las Terrazas is located in the northern part of the island which is pretty isolated. It is not easy to get to restaurants, there are no shops, etc. At night, the area is pretty much dead. Overall, it felt lonely.
LT itself is a hotel/residential buying property. From my past experience, resorts like these often can't meet hospitality expectation the way a true luxury resort can. There were two occasions when I tried to order bacon and ice cream and they said they were out. Also, the resort is really showing its age- the lighting is dated and is very dim in the bathrooms, the padding for the lounge chairs were stained and dirty and wifi was in and out.
On a positive note, the staff was really nice and polite. I enjoyed the 5 minutes neck massage and beverage we received upon arrival.
With that said, I would not stay at this resort again. My bf was pretty bummed we ended our trip there. I would much rather spend my time and money at Victoria House which was amazing!

1  Thank starlite2s