“Super - and you better Belize it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Pedro
Sunset Beach Resort
Reviewed 29 June 2011

After reading the other wonderful reviews, it's hard to find anything more to say other than "Ditto". We've stayed at Sunset Beach 4 times over the past 2 years and plan to go back in November. Everything about the place is perfect! I would, however, have to agree with the reviewer that mentioned the extra hard lounge chairs by the pool. But you live and learn - now I take a blow-up raft that works great under a towel....I could stay there all day. Ahhh....how long till November?? Not sure I can wait!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Have vacationed at Sunset Beach at least once a year for the last five years and it gets better every year. The units are large and very comfortable. We have stayed in both 2 and 3 bedroom units and enjoyed both. All units have great views of the beach and ocean. The pool is well maintained with a nice covered area for lunch or card games. The beach is just a few steps from the units and is very well maintained as are all the grounds. Our grandchildren loved the beach calling it “our big sandbox.”

Sunset Beach Resort is a great spot for couples or the whole family. There is a great place to enjoy island food just a short walk from the resort, called Joe’s Grocery. The have great food at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend the Sunset Beach Resort. Will be going back this November.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Racer36
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My fiance and I truly enjoyed our first trip to Belize. We stayed in C3 and had beautiful views of the ocean in a very tranquil environment. Our unit was spacious and clean with a beautiful front porch and hammock where we spent a lot of mornings with our coffee.
The pool was an added feature we took advantage of an afternoon swim and volleyball.

We will definitely be back and look forward to the next adventure!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at Sunset Beach during our first trip to Belize in July '09.... we went with our dear friends and their son, and stayed in C1..... Having never traveled to an exotic location such as Belize, we had little idea what to expect.
To begin with, the booking/ rental arrangements were very easy and the staff so helpful! They made suggestions as to what clothing to bring, where to rent golf carts, where to buy groceries, nearly everything we could need to know....
The resort exterior was spotless and well kept, including the pool facitlity and the beach front. How unbelievably incredible to step off your front porch and watch the sun come up over a beautifully groomed beach, having coffee and listening to the waves!!
The rooms were nicely appointed, not too much, not too little, and were again, VERY clean and comfortable. Very roomy, and the comfortabe beds had sheets that smelled wonderful and crisp, despite being so near the ocean when things could get musty..... The bathrooms were spotless, and the 'doorless' walk-in showers make it feel all the more tropical!! Great water pressure, huge kitchen/greatroom living area, all the kitchen items you could need, and EVERYTHING worked!!
All told, you're far enough from San Pedro, which we considered a blessing after the first day or two, but you are close enough to enjoy all it has to offer, but leave it behind. A golf cart is a MUST, and it made it just that much more fun.... The value of this property and it's charming amenities make it somewhere I hope to go for years to come......
I believe I have just talked myself into another trip, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sdstrbr
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I went to Belize for a Thanksgiving trip, and hope that I can do it again next year. I love that the beach was steps away from our door, and it is remarkably convenient having the private pier and palapa right there on the property. We took a couple of day trips (snorkeling, Mayan ruins), and they came to pick us up right there at our pier. The kitchen in our unit was well-equipped and we enjoyed picking up local groceries and cooking at "home" on occasion. There were a surprising number of truly excellent restaurants on the island. We often walked down the road to the little restaurant/grocery and enjoyed some great food and company there. Other guests at Sunset Beach were very friendly, as were the owners that we met. Loved this place and will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends