Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews water taxi red garden golf cart full kitchen free bikes and kayaks grocery store secret beach san pedro town great snorkeling truck stop ocean front tropic air casita property tours dock island
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2015

This was by far the best vacation ever. Absolutely every employee was eager to help answer all our questions and happy to recommend where to eat, shop, and sightsee.
I have to start with Samuel. He tolerated all my questions from , what's that bird or tree to where can I eat the Royal Rat. He made sure we had gas when we took the golf cart, got our bicycles, took the kayak to the water and as busy as he was, when I came back from my first snorkel excursion looking like a lobster, he arrived with a big bottle of aloe vera. I can't say enough good things about him.
I am a very early riser and life at Ambergris Caye seems to start around 8 a.m. by then I would have been ready for lunch, so I prepared breakfast every morning. I was surprised to find our wonderful housekeeper not only brought clean towels (which she adorned with fresh flower buds), made the bed, she even did the dishes.
Ernesto and Mara (the resident dog) met us at our taxi, took us into the honor bar to fill out our paperwork while we enjoyed a yummy complimentary rum punch. Ernesto booked our excursions, coordinated our flight arrangements from Belize City, arranged our ground transportation and so much more. As our time to leave got closer people, including my husband would ask about my return information, my answer was always the same, "I don't know ". The day before we were scheduled to leave we stopped in to see Earnesto, he had all the arrangements ready for us.

Mara was a wonderful pet. As I said she met us, and every other guest as we arrived. She knew who belonged at the resort and announced the presence of everyone else that came up. She slept almost every night on our porch, took walks with us and whined us a goodnight when we said goodnight to her. When 4 a.m. rolled around she was ready to keep me company while everyone else was still sleeping.

The accommodations were more than we hoped for. The cabanas were beautiful. The beds were comfortable. There were a variety of pillows on the bed to choose from. I was happy to find a soft pillow that was perfect for me and my husband was equally happy to find a perfect firm pillow.
In our home we found books to choose from to lie in a hammock for a little reading, full cable t.v. and air conditioning. Fresh water was delivered every day and the kitchen was stocked with staples and paper goods.
One thing was missing from the kitchen that would have been handy, storage containers. We looked in several markets without finding storage bags, but finally found a little set of containers at the market across from the Coca-Cola plant.

I cannot give a high enough recommendation to Cocotal Inn and the wonderful staff.
We can't wait to return!

Room tip: The beachfront cabana. The backyard was ocean.The front was the pool. Garden Cabana 6 had a full sized fridge
Date of stay: May 2015
3  Thank flip8889
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Absolutely loved my stay at Cocotal and will visit again. My studio room with kitchen was modern and very clean. The staff are very friendly and got to know me by name during my 5-day stay.

I chose to stay here instead of San Pedro because I was looking for something very quiet and uncrowded. Ernesto who runs the office arranged for me to take a snorkeling excursion and day trip to Caye Caulker, the sister island. I highly recommend doing this. I also asked him to arrange a tour of the island by one of the staff. It was great to see less-touristy parts of the island. There's an "honor bar" on the premises where you can grab cold beer, sodas, etc and just charge to your room. Although there's no restaurant at the resort, one can easily find a restaurant next door or within walking distance of Cocotal.

Mara, the dog, is very friendly.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank I M
Reviewed 18 April 2015

We can't thank thank everyone at Cocotal enough! What a great, relaxing place to stay. Everyone there was accomodating to our every need, it was clean, and comfortable like a home away from home. So quite and peaceful, just the place we needed for a relaxing vacation.

1  Thank Colton M
Reviewed 14 April 2015

We REALLY enjoyed being their guests! I highly recommend staying here! The wife and I had an “unBelizeble” wonderful holiday thanks to the excellent service the staff kindly provided us. The Cocotal's staff were uber-friendly, helpful, and very accommodating/attentive to our needs. They even provided us with a free cell phone for local use!

We could have chosen to stay at any of the busy big-building resorts nearby but the Cocotal's cozy cabanas and charmingly landscaped grounds provide a private tranquil ambiance (and the interaction with staff is more personal). It’s almost like staying at your family's beachside guesthouse, down to their very friendly watchdog, Mara.

We stayed in room #3, a spacious nicely decorated ground floor suite with the swimming pool at its doorsteps, a picturesque east-facing oceanfront view decorated with coconut trees and bright flowering bushes (1-bed rm, living rm, full kitch). All sorts of tropical birds gleefully sing as they fly about.

The sunrises are spectacular! Always a steady relaxing westerly breeze, 24/7.Their pier facilitates snorkeling at the reef straight ahead, a short kayak ride away (Kayaks use is free, rent snorkel equipment at next door resort $5US/day). There are many decent beachfront restaurants at walking distance from the inn (as close as next door to within 1mi). Rental golf cart and free bicycles for guests are readily available. The descent Wi-Fi allowed us to Facetime the little ones at home.

The SEArious Adventure tours that Cocotal staff book for their guests are fabulous! You get picked-up/dropped-off by a SEArious Adventure boat right at the Cocotal’s pier. The SEArious Adventure guides are funny, entertaining, extremely accommodating, SEAriously know how to facilitate fun! The wife and I went on three tours. I highly recommend the Lamanai Mayan city and the Bacalar Chico tours. Curiously, my foodie highlight was the very yummy coconut tarts -topped with rum - which the SEArious tour guides provided us as a snack. Found out too late that you can order your own batch at their office. SUNSCREEN! SUNSCREEN! SUNSCREEN! HAPPY TRAVELS!

2  Thank I F
Reviewed 8 April 2015

My Husband and I spent the later part of our trip at Cocotal Inn and Cabanas. We could not have been happier.
Our bungalow was awesome, we stayed in a Garden Cabana #4. It smelled of mahogany which was lovely. It was perfect. Kitchen, fridge, great bathroom, air conditioning and free wifi.
we spent a lot of time at the pool which was lovely and swinging on the hammocks on the ocean.
Before you get to Cocotal make sure to stop at the supermarket and get some essentials: for us beer, coffee and cereal!
Ernesto, Samuel and the rest of the staff were great. Helped coordinate a snorkel trip for us which was excellent. We were picked up on the properties dock and taken to Hol Chen and shark/ray alley: awesome awesome awesome

The resort is not in town which we loved. It is quiet and peaceful. Ocean breeze, no noisy bars.. We are in our early 30s so we still like to go out put it was lovely to be away from the busier downtown)

Places to go to :Palapa Bar is a must (right on the ocean/great drinks/great fresh fish), Akbol: a short walk from Coctoal. Yoga for $15 US dollars every day at 9:00 am right on the ocean a must and the breakfast/lunch are affordable and delicious

In downtown san pedro eat shrimp ceviche at Lilys Treasure Chest.

Also the dog Mara on the property is the cutest. She walked us to dinner one night and sat under our table while we ate and then escorted us home!

Rent a golf cart for a few days.. Super fun way to get around

My husband and I could not have been happier with our stay in belize.. we have no doubts that we will return to belize and stay at Cocotal again!