“Lunch at Madras Chittinad”
Review of Madras Chettinad

Madras Chettinad
Ranked #34 of 531 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We Went to this Hotel on 08/16/2017 for Lunch Buffet with 3 of my friends and when we enter the restaurant was almost Full though its very much spacious.

Food Quality is good and they had variety of Menu with Veg and Non-veg.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We went to this hotel on 08/13/2017 for Sunday lunch Buffet along with our 1 Year old son. We never thought that we wont return with same mood we went in to hotel. Waited for 30-45 minutes outside and I am not complaining about the waiting. There were still 40-50 more people waiting around 1:00 PM when we went in.
Once we were assigned table, we started having food. As my son is too young to be on his own, My wife and I are taking care of him in shifts like one having food for sometime and other is taking care of him. While we are eating we fed him bits and pieces of poori, uthappam, vada and papad. I hope everyone understands that kids at age 1 year is not expected to eat cleanly without dropping anything. We are eating slowly as only one of us eating each time.
After 30 mins or less, one of the waiter(gentleman) passed our table shouting "Baap re kya hain yeh"( English: Oh god what the is this) and looking at us while passing. He went to the billing station and pointing us and complaining to other waitress something. He got floor cleaning broom stick and came to our table with same weird face looking at us as if we did some mistake. Then I asked him, "you have any problem with us?". He still didn't care my question and talking to himself like "kaise kaise log aathe hain yaha"(English: What type of people come in here) as if we are untouchables. I repeated the same question and also explained him "My son is 1 year old and it's not possible for him to eat without dropping food. So as you are not happy with this, stop cleaning here at our table. We will clean the surroundings once we are done with lunch". He is still cleaning and complaining about food pieces dropped by my son with same weird face. Then we thought it's better to leave the place as it's too humiliating for us in front of 50-75 people who are having food at that time. We went to the cashier to pay the bill, while paying the bill I explained him what happened why we are leaving in middle of our lunch. i told him definitely I will not be returning to this hotel after all what happened today. The cashier simply said it's okay if you decide like that and said you should have stopped him and come to me when it happened. I told him it happened just now and what are you going to do? He didn't even care to apologize and simply said will report to management.

With that service I dont even want to review about food as first thing for any hotel is to treat customers with respect and mannerly.

I shared this horrible experience with another friend when we met in the evening, he and his sister's family had similar experience. So they stopped going to this restaurant as the waiters are very rude.

Hope management takes up this and train waiters in a good way.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

If you like authentic Indian food served in ample quantitites, then this is the place. Excellent service. Spacious restaurant. Some items should be shared!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is one of the best restaurant for Authentic Indian food in this area. Great Ambiance with good service. Lots of option to choose from. We had Dosa and Chicken dishes both were good. Heard good things about their Buffet will definitive go

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Havent had such nice daal and gobi manchurian in a while, the naans didn't feel fresh though. Big spacious area and very authentic taste with plenty to choose from. Buffet for lunch but we arrived at 530pm by when it is already dinner a'la carte. Would go again.