“A Good Hotel”

Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Aventura
Reviewed 23 November 2011

It´s a good hotel, well located - walk distance from Aventura Mall. The room is very good, large and new. I had a problem with my bed, that was leaning in the middle. I told the reception and the problem was solved in the same day. The service is average, simple, can solve your problems, without going away the normal procedure. Hoever, if you need anything diferent of the usual it seems that will be dificult to get. Everybody speaks spanish and a few speak portuguese, wich is good for brasilians like me. Maybe this is the reason why there is a lot of brasilians as guests. The breakfast is free but terrible. From monday to wednesday there is a free snack in the afternoon that is a nice thing. We went with our 1 year old daughter and the kitchen in the room is wonderful for that. We cooked for our baby everyday. I recomend this hotel for families with kids, since the rooms are big and have kitchens. If i come back to miami will stay there again. Hoever, don't expect luxury or a personalized treatment.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank alexsmt
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed here Sunday thru Friday of last week on business. We chose this location due to the nice area and the location lived up to my expectations. I've never seen so many luxury cars in one location before but being that Aventura is a wealthy area near Miami, I got used to it by the second day I was in town.

The hotel was a little different. For starters, the layout of the floor plan is RIDICULOUS! The elevators are down a long hallway and around the corner from the front desk...it was just odd to make that much of a hike each day everything you enter or leave the hotel. The breakfast was great! A large variety of food to choose from to jump start your day. One day at breakfast, I was asked for my room # & name before entering breakfast area to eat whereas all other mornings this was not asked. The manager's reception was different as well. In other R.I. hotels, the selection of food was sizeable enough to be a meal, resulting in me saving costs on going out to dinner. At this hotel, they serve only Monday-Wednesday (others I've visited are Mon-Thur). Additionally, it was like finger foods vs. heavy appetizers at other R.I. Also, if you are a light sleeper, the A/C is pretty loud! It was tough sleeping some nights. It was an okay stay...just not sure if I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a room near elevator, otherwise expect to walk a good distance.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jwrembert
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights. My trip was all business. While I did not experience any major issues, I experienced a lot of minor inconveniences. I felt this hotel was missing a lot of the details that one needs when traveling on a business trip. The hotel is in a convenient area, but in a weird way is not very convenient. No room service, but they do offer a list of restuarants that deliver. It's walking distance to the mall, so there are food options, but there are no convenience stores within walking distance. I did not rent a car because all of my bussiness was within walking distance, but you definately need a car if staying here. The room is clean and nice. Bed is comfortable. No full size mirror in the room which I prefer to use before I head out to a meeting. Laundry facilities are on the 3rd and 6th floors. Each wash and dry load is $2 ($8 bucks to wash and dry two loads of laundry). Exercise room is decent. It has the essentials. Breakfast is free, but needs a little help with the Operations. No oil spray for waffle maker so my waffle burned. Bagels were not cut so had to cut with plastic knife to toast. Butter was not available. Tables were full so had to eat outside by pool. The hotel does offer free grocery shopping services, but I felt I wasn't staying long enough to use that service. Staff is not rude, but will not go out of their way either. I would probably stay here again, but would have to rent a car. Side note- AC unit is very loud and right by the bed in a closet. Woke me up two out of the three nights that I had to shut if off.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Arriving at 2:30 in the morning, I was too tired to complain about the room. I was put in a room on the ground floor that obviously had once been a handicap room. There was little counter space and a closet too small to hang any clothes. The ironing board and the safe were in it and there was no door to hide these ugly items. Instead, a metal, wheel-around clothing rack was placed near the bed.
The room was behind an outdoor, concrete half wall that blocked any light into the room. So, I guess, this was probably the worst room in the hotel. . . room 121.

With that said, it was clean.

The breakfast was sub-par compared to other Residence Inns. . . only plastic plates and utensils instead of the ceramic dishes that I have found elsewhere and there was less variety of breakfast items.

The outdoor pool was dirty and not vacuumed and the lounge chairs around the pool were dirty and stained.

So, I am disappointed that it did not live up to other Residence Inns. . . although I have noticed a deterioration in the chain over the last few years.

Room Tip: Check your room first before you accept it and avoid room 121.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank 6dogs
Greg P, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thanks for taking the time to inform us of your concerns. I sincerely appreciate your feedback on how we can improve our stay experience for you in the future. Please accept my apologoies for the inconveniences you experienced with your room location and the cleanliness of our swimming pool. We strive to always "Exceed" our guests expectation and in your case failed to do so. I have taken this opportunity to share your feedback with our Team. I hope that upon your next visit, you will allow for us to place you in a suitable location on a high floor to better accomodate you and your needs.

Thanks again for taking the time tow wirte of your concerns and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Greg

Reviewed 1 November 2011

The room is fully equipped, clean.
Bed are comfortable.
The staff do the job, nothing more.
Parking is free.
Free breakfast, good first day, ok! second.... whatever.... is free.
Nice area, but far from Miami Beach and nightlife.
Avoid restaurant Area code 55 is terrible.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
0.9 km away
3.7 km away
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
3.8 km away
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK