I stayed here 4 nights for a conference in Feb 2012. Beautiful surroundings, nice rooms, clean and 10 minutes walk to Aventura Mall.
But as a world class 5 star hotel it falls short on expectations, especially for the money paid. Service and friendliness is good but we encountered these issues:
- there was no day curtains in my room. When I told them about it they brought the curtains and left them on a chair while I was out. I called again and they came to hang it up. I left and on return the curtains were up but apparently there was a problem with the track so it could not be drawn. I did not bother to ask them to come again but I thought they should at least have apologize and explain that it may take time to fix. I rate this as very poor service level and had to leave with drawn night curtains throughout my stay.
- the towels and bath mats are clean but showing age - gone trough many washes and no longer pure white. I can live with that in a 3 star hotel but certainly not expected from a 5 star.
- room was very dark and I had to use torch light to see what was was offered in the tea tray - there appears to be a missing lamp near the sofa.
- missing sofa in one of my colleagues' rooms that has the same configuration
- very poor insulation as you can hear very clearly the partying from the pool below. This can go on to 2, 3am in the morning and I was awoken several times in the night.
- there were several other issues that my colleagues had but I can't recall all of them. Suffice to say that most of us experienced some problems.
One positive is that I find the food here good compared to other hotels in Miami where we held conferences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Turnberry Isle Miami is a tropical oasis with a culture of authenticity, spirited service, and enriching experiences. During your stay discover why we have been named one of the "World's Best Resorts" by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Explore 36-holes of championship golf and the elite Cañas Tennis center. Relax by the Cascata Pool or lounge at the Laguna Pool and journey down the 1,600-foot Lazy River. Rejuvenate at the Wellness Spa and Fitness Center, a Forbes Four-Star rated experience. Let your palette celebrate award-winning signature chef Michael Mina at BOURBON STEAK and the American-inspired CORSAIR kitchen & bar featuring lighter comfort food. Shop the neighboring Aventura Mall or access the beach via the resort's complimentary shuttle. An Autograph Collection Hotel, Turnberry Isle Miami is a Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Marriott so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont